INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alert: Unwanted tag changes  (Read 863 times)

Holden

• Junior Woodchuck
Alert: Unwanted tag changes
« on: July 04, 2003, 03:31:07 am »

ALERT: I?ve been enjoying using MC9 and MJ8 and 7 from way back. Starting a few weeks ago I noticed that the same song title kept appearing in playlists. Scrolling to the extreme right I could see the file name and could determine what the tag name should be and would correct it. That name would appear again and I would correct it again.

I kept doing this until last night when I did a search in MC and found 327 mp3 files with that tag. This part is not important but the repeating tag name was ?You Must Believe in Spring.? Artist was ?Tony Bennett and Bill Evans,? and Album name was ?Together Again.? Each one of these was actually another song as revealed by the file name and by playing it.

I figured some virus must be at work, but recent scans including one this morning with Norton?s latest data file found no virus.

So now I?ll work on correcting those tags, but I?m afraid the process may keep renaming them to ?You Must Believe In Spring.?

I wonder if anyone else has had this experience?

Holden

Media Center Registered 9.1.210 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows Me
Intel Pentium 4 1495 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 209 MB
Resource Info: System - 44 %, GDI - 69 %, User - 44 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive H: MATSHITA CD-RW  CW-7586     Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
...happy to be among such a great bunch of members. Holden
Pages: [1]   Go Up