INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Id and Laptop - Library Server  (Read 1683 times)

ogenec

• Recent member
JRiver Id and Laptop - Library Server
« on: July 27, 2017, 11:28:36 am »

Hi everyone, I just received my JRiver Id Classic. I am trying to set it up as a streamer/renderer in my home office, connected to a Geek Pulse USB DAC. The intent is to stream music wirelessly from my laptop, which is running Media Center 23. Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time getting the Id to load my laptop's library. The Id sees my laptop library, but can't seem to connect to it. I have disabled authorization (which I previously had so I could stream my PC library to my phone and my work office), but that doesn't seem to have helped. In contrast, JRemote on my iPad has no problem seeing and connecting to my laptop library, and I'm able to play to it or use it to play content on my laptop. Ipad JRemote also sees the Id, although there currently is no media content on it.

Help? In a pinch, I can copy my music to a hard drive and attach that to the id, but that would defeat the streaming purpose for which I bought it. Thanks.

CJO

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver Id and Laptop - Library Server
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 12:06:50 pm »

If you want to use it as a Renderer, then play the files FROM your laptop TO the Id.  You can just drag a file onto the Id where it is seen under Playing Now.

Make sure Media Network is enabled on both machines.

ogenec

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 12:45:42 pm »

Okay I will try that when I get home tonight. Thank you.

ogenec

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 09:03:30 am »

JimH, I did as you suggested and it works like a charm. I'm using my laptop as the server and sending my music to the Id as the renderer, using JRemote on my iPad as the controller. (I think I finally have the terminology right.) Thank you for your help!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 10:25:13 am »

Good.  Thanks for letting us know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up