INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to customize Audio view ¨By Folder¨  (Read 3939 times)

franko

How to customize Audio view ¨By Folder¨
« on: July 28, 2017, 05:58:09 pm »

I´m a bit of dinosaur with computers. Coming from using Kinski as my play device. There was a nice option to view my music organised By Folder structure. The structure was the same as music was organised on my music server disc. And furthermore music on server disc was organised as Cd's on my shelves.

Now: is it possible to customise Audio view with a By Folder added option. The music should be further presented on interface screen as it would be stored on server’s disc.  Please see attached photo - red letters. How to do it?

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to customize Audio view ¨By Folder¨
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 06:51:25 pm »

Did you look at the files view

This can be done most likely.  how do you want the albums to show up in the end?

for example i have a folder browse view, but it is a file view (text) not an album cover view like your screenshot

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 10:46:08 pm »

If you right click AUDIO and select "Add Library View" Then select "Disc Location" and then type in a name for this view you will be presented with something I hope is close to what you are after. If you would like help customizing this view let me know.

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

franko

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 12:20:55 pm »

Thanks Ken, It works. How to do it on JRemote - or is this a question for JRemote forum?

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 01:08:32 pm »

Not sure about JRemote. Not an Apple user.

A more universal solution would be to tag the music correctly so the the folder structure is irrelevant. This is extremely more flexible in what you can accomplish with the program.

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 01:23:13 pm »

Thanks Ken, It works. How to do it on JRemote - or is this a question for JRemote forum?
For JRemote views, you go Tools > Options > Media Network > Advanced > Customize views for JRemote, Gizmo & WebGizmo. You can add the view you created in Standard View by clicking Add > Library Item From Standard View.
Pages: [1]   Go Up