INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pi ID set to wrong time  (Read 1675 times)

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Pi ID set to wrong time
« on: July 29, 2017, 01:57:32 pm »

My Id Pi has the wrong time displayed. I think it has to do with time zone. Can this be adjusted manually?

Thanks!

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
Re: Pi ID set to wrong time
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 03:01:05 pm »

I think I figured out the reason for this and a solution.

Id Pi is set to GMT. When I moved my JRiver server from Windows to Linux via Library Restore, all my scheduled events went off 6 hours early.

The workaround is to change the Pi ID Scheduler events individually to correspond to my time zone.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 04:23:07 pm »

I've noticed the time shift before but have never needed to use my Id to schedule anything. So, there was no need to comment.

Providing user access to set the local time zone makes sense to me (not knowing anything else or the precise reason this default was set in the first place), so that a calculator (mental or otherwise) isn't needed to perform a basic operation.

How about it devs?
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 06:26:46 pm »

OK

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 10:40:20 am »

I've noticed the time shift before but have never needed to use my Id to schedule anything. So, there was no need to comment.

Providing user access to set the local time zone makes sense to me (not knowing anything else or the precise reason this default was set in the first place), so that a calculator (mental or otherwise) isn't needed to perform a basic operation.

How about it devs?
We set it to UTC. It gets the time updated from the net on each boot since it doesn't have RTC hardware by default.
To change the local timezone go to option 17 on the main menu, then to internationalization options.
Pages: [1]   Go Up