INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ASIO driver stopped unexpectedly  (Read 1949 times)

AvalonMarty

ASIO driver stopped unexpectedly
« on: August 01, 2017, 07:41:50 am »

Hi,

I use MC in combination with a Wadia 321 DAC. Wadia supplies their own USB ASIO driver so MC can play files with resolution of 96 kHz and up without the need for downsampling.

While playing music in MC via ASIO turning off the Wadia DAC causes an error message: "ASIO driver stopped unexpectedly" and MC stops playing immediately. After turning off the Wadia in "Control Panel" --> "Sound" the Wadia is disappeared.
After turning the Wadia DAC on again the Wadia reappears in the Contol Panel" --> "Sound" and after clicking the "OK" button of the errormessage MC continues to play.

If I first stop playing music in MC by pressing the "stop" button (not the "pause" button) and then turn off the Wadia DAC there is no problem. So only while MC is playing music turning off the Wadia DAC causes an errormessage.

I tried both MC version 21 and 23 and used 2 different computers, but in all configurations the same problem occurs.

So how can I prevent the error message when turning off the Wadia DAC in ASIO mode?
Thanks for any suggestion!
See attached file for the MC log of my system.
Pages: [1]   Go Up