INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When I went from MC22 to MC23 I lost seeing Album Artwork  (Read 1301 times)

Audiguy3

When I went from MC22 to MC23 I lost seeing Album Artwork
« on: August 04, 2017, 05:13:59 pm »

Album Artwork is available on my PC when I am using the JRiver program but on my Oppo the artwork does not display anymore - it did under MC22. I have tried every option I can think of Tool>Options>Cover Art

Any suggestions. I have the jpg file in each folder for the album as Folder.jpg

Many thanks in advance

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: When I went from MC22 to MC23 I lost seeing Album Artwork
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 07:01:54 pm »

I suspect that the Oppo is using Thumbnails rather than Cover Art images. Not sure. If so, this is normal. The Thumbnails database is specific to each MC installation.

MC needs to rebuild Thumbnails after each major version upgrade. You can run that manually to speed up the automatic process.
Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > Build missing thumbnails, for settings.

Theoretically, you can copy the old Thumbnail database over to MC23, but I wouldn't recommend it, particularly if the upgrade has been in place for a while, as MC would have started building the Thumbnails. You will find the Thumbnail databases in "C:\Users\[User ID]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center xx\Thumbnails\" where "xx" is the MC major version number.

If that doesn't fix it, then the Oppo is probably using Cover Art images, and expecting them to be in a tag the audio file. Do you have the Cover Art images embedded in the file as well as in the folder? Check to see if the Cover Art is still embedded in the file. See: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,107951.msg771645.html#msg771645 That thread describes a problem a few people are having with embedded Cover Art.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up