INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 not fully working  (Read 2862 times)

smkss

Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 not fully working
« on: August 05, 2017, 03:20:47 pm »

I have downloaded a trial and am quite pleased with the software expect for one minor issue.

I have a Dolby Atmos setup (7.1.4) running on a Windows 8.1 PC with an Anthem AVM 60 processor. For some reason my Atmos speakers are not playing any sound (fr & rear ceiling) even though processor reads Atmos on the display though.   

I have tested John Wick & Everest which are both Atmos mkv files.   I also own the Blu-ray disk for these movies and when playing through my Oppo Blu-ray player Atmos works just fine. Any help or suggestions regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 not fully working
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 10:18:58 pm »

In MC's Audio options, make sure you have bitstreaming on for at least Dolby Digital, or even for all HDMI.

rec head

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 07:11:53 am »

If the processor says it is getting ATMOS and not Dolby Surround then you are already bitstreaming but you should check it anyway.

If MC is set bitstreaming and the processor is showing that it is receiving an ATMOS signal (which it should only do when it is getting the bitstream) then it is a setting in the Anthem.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 03:37:32 pm »

If the processor says it is getting ATMOS and not Dolby Surround then you are already btistreaming but you should check it anyway.

If MC is set bitstreaming and the processor is showing that it is receiving an ATMOS signal (which it should only do when it is getting the bitstream) then it is a setting in the Anthem.

Yes, I did not register that the receiver acknowledges an ATMOS signal. It must therefore be a setting in the receiver that needs adjusting. Have you, OP, ever entered your speaker configuration details in the AVR setup?
Pages: [1]   Go Up