INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't install  (Read 1400 times)

Coconut

Can't install
« on: August 08, 2017, 03:17:34 am »

Hi
I have downloaded the exe file to my Windows 10 desktop. When launching the exe, a window called Extracting appears, but progress stays stuck on 0%. I can only get rid of it by making use of Task Manager. I've tried installing by switching off McAfee's firewall first, but it makes no difference. I'm currently using MC19, and also have the HDTracks downloader installed.
Thanks

JohnnyFire

Re: Can't install
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 06:36:12 am »

Hi
I have downloaded the exe file to my Windows 10 desktop. When launching the exe, a window called Extracting appears, but progress stays stuck on 0%. I can only get rid of it by making use of Task Manager. I've tried installing by switching off McAfee's firewall first, but it makes no difference. I'm currently using MC19, and also have the HDTracks downloader installed.
Thanks

McAfee is the worst crapware of all, do yourself a favor erase this and use something like malwarebytes and windows defender instead!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 05:40:35 pm »

Probably your anti-virus software stopping it. If you have it set to silent mode, so it doesn't pop up messages, turn that off so you get a message and the option to allow the installer to run. Or tell both your firewall and anti-virus to allow the installer, and later the software, to run.

When you switched off McAfee's firewall it is most likely that Windows 10 turned its firewall back on. You need to have User Access Control working and giving your messages so that you can see what is happening. You could check the Windows 10 notification area as well to see if there are any related messages about the attempted installation.

Basically, something blocked the installation, and you need to find what it was by looking at messages and logs from ALL anti-virus and firewall applications on your PC.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Coconut

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 02:50:43 am »

I've tried switching McAfee off completely as well as checking the empty boxes under Windows Firewall - no luck. Windows Program Compatibility Troubleshooter is declaring it "Incompatible"  :'(

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 04:49:52 am »

Try downloading the file again, it may be corrupt in some way.

Spike
Pages: [1]   Go Up