INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 23 Library  (Read 1356 times)

Zaro

• Recent member
MC 23 Library
« on: August 09, 2017, 10:54:44 am »

As of today, I will be running MC 23 on two Windows 7 computers [a desktop) workstation and a laptop, and will soon upgrade a Windows 10 computer from MC 22 to MC 23. I have made considerable fine-tuning to many of the MC 23 audio file tags and information on one of the Windows 7 computers (the workstation). In an effort to save time I would like to copy the Library [folder/files] that represent the audio files [and all of the recent corrections/mods] from the workstation MC 23 directories [which I suspect reside in: C:\......\AppData\Roaming\JRiver\Media Center 23\Library] to the other two computers [to the Windows 7 laptop and the Windows 10 computer] to the corresponding folder  C:\......\AppData\Roaming\JRiver\Media Center 23\Library. 

Is this [the correct location] where the MC Audio library files are saved?
Is this an appropriate way to get the library files matched on all 3 computers?
Is there a way that all 3 computers [could otherwise] share the same library if it were located on the NAS?

Thanks in advance for any advice/information provided.
Zaro

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: MC 23 Library
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 01:05:31 pm »

I would use a backup from the workstation and input it into the other machines...now to make things a little clearer all the machines point to the same set of music/video files on the NAS correct? If so all modifications should just carry over to the other machines as long as those machines have 'update for external changes checked with in MC. this is found under Library & Folders .... Configure auto-import

If I understand your question correctly.....some get confused on terminology!
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Zaro

• Recent member
Re: MC 23 Library
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 07:00:52 pm »

OM, thanks for your input.

I decided to keep the Windows 10 /MC23 computer out of the mix since I have a few extra audiophile test files I prefer not be located on the Windows 7 workstation and laptop.

So what I did attempt was to perform a Library Backup on the Win 7 workstation, saved the library files on the NAS. Then from the Windows 7 laptop, I performed a Restore Library (from the NAS) with the library files saved from the workstation. The operation was successful (according to an MC pop-up message), but upon examining the laptop files, it did not work as I hoped. Both Win 7 computers have the same album files, the only differences are the additional notations [track names cleaned up, etc.) made on the workstation files.  Not sure what to try next.

Zaro
Pages: [1]   Go Up