INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Android device to control Echo to access an wireless external hard drive  (Read 1422 times)

Mary H

I would like to connect an Echo to my non-wireless/non-Bluetooth speakers, and have the Echo access music stored on an external hard drive ( World Book) directly attached to the wireless (Linksys) router via ethernet cable.  I would like to use the Android app to control the Echo Dot skin.  Is this even possible?? :o  If it is, instruction in semi-English would be appreciated!!!!

Mary H

Being bumped...Please help!!!

I would like to connect an Echo to my non-wireless/non-Bluetooth speakers, and have the Echo access music stored on an external hard drive ( World Book) directly attached to the wireless (Linksys) router via ethernet cable.  I would like to use the Android app to control the Echo Dot skin.  Is this even possible?? :o  If it is, instruction in semi-English would be appreciated!!!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Probably not exactly how you want it, but something similar may be possible.

Take a look at the skill called House Band:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,102709.0.html

It can be used to control MC playback.

Our wiki has a topic on Remotes.

You would need to import the media files into MC.  MC would be the server then.  It would need to be running on a computer of some sort.
Pages: [1]   Go Up