INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote and Multi-Disc Sets Question  (Read 2042 times)

Efjay

• World Citizen
JRemote and Multi-Disc Sets Question
« on: August 11, 2017, 10:53:26 pm »

Is there a way to set it up so that in JRemote, if you have a multi-disc album, to choose which disc of the album to play directly (i.e, play disc 2 of a 3 cd album)?

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRemote and Multi-Disc Sets Question
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 07:27:51 am »

Yes; doesnt need any setup as long as your meta data has disc number applied.
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

Efjay

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 01:31:25 pm »

Yes; doesnt need any setup as long as your meta data has disc number applied.
I have disc numbers assigned. For example:

Track 18 is the last song on disc 1. Track 1 below is the first song on disc 2. So the metadata reflects the correct disc number.

What I'd like to be able to do is tell JRemote to start playback with song 1 of disc2 and end (or at at least only add) with the last song on disc2.

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 04:49:10 am »

I believe the only actions that exist are play the selected track, or play everything starting with the selected track.
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 06:18:48 am »

You could build a new JRemote view that takes Disc # into account.  Something like a categories view grouped by an expression like:

Code: [Select]
[Album Artist (auto)] [Album] [Album_info]if(!isempty([Disc #])[Disc #],)
I don't have time to fully test it right now, but my quick test worked for grouping multi-disc albums by disc.

Brian.

Efjay

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 11:03:00 am »

You could build a new JRemote view that takes Disc # into account.  Something like a categories view grouped by an expression like:

[Album Artist (auto)] [Album] [Album_info]if(!isempty([Disc #])[Disc #],)
I don't have time to fully test it right now, but my quick test worked for grouping multi-disc albums by disc.

Brian.
I'll try that, thanks.  It may be that at this point the easiest solution is to simply make each disc its own album.

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 04:58:42 pm »

I've verified that this works as a view in Standard View, and in the JRemote views, though I use EOS instead of JRemote; it should be similar.

Getting the display to show album thumbnail text exactly as you want might be tricky.  But the grouping should absolutely work correctly.

EDIT:

I just tested this as the "expression to display" and it worked pretty well:

[Album, 1]
if(!isempty([Disc #, 1]),Disc [Disc #, 1],)

Brian.

MikeO

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 01:23:49 am »

Maybe a suggestion ...

I have many Box Sets with CD counts ranging from 3 - 201 discs.

I set up 3 Custom Tags , "Box Set", "Disc Name" , "Disc Volume"

Then set up a View Box Set> Disc Volume> Disc Name for JRemote (and Std View) with Disc Volume optional if your discs aren't "volumed"

As you Tap each section of the view you see a screen with each disc in the box set showing its name and then you can select , its a bit like seeing the individual (virtual) CD's in a Box Set

It takes a bit of effort to set up but I find pays dividends.

This is my Standard View, JRemote is a dead copy ...

Just  A Thought

MikeO

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 01:24:55 am »

PS

Your screen shot looks 'orribly Roonish , not MC

MikeO

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 01:37:27 am »

SORRY must be having Roon nightmares , its Android in Dark Mode  :-[

Efjay

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 10:14:45 am »

Maybe a suggestion ...

I have many Box Sets with CD counts ranging from 3 - 201 discs.

I set up 3 Custom Tags , "Box Set", "Disc Name" , "Disc Volume"

Then set up a View Box Set> Disc Volume> Disc Name for JRemote (and Std View) with Disc Volume optional if your discs aren't "volumed"

As you Tap each section of the view you see a screen with each disc in the box set showing its name and then you can select , its a bit like seeing the individual (virtual) CD's in a Box Set

It takes a bit of effort to set up but I find pays dividends.

This is my Standard View, JRemote is a dead copy ...

Just  A Thought

I'd prefer to keep all albums together rather than split box sets from other albums, if I can, but I'll try that as well.

Although it doesn't appear that feature requests for JRemote will lead to anything, what I would like to see as a play option, on the album level view in JRemote, would be something like:

Play Now
Play Now Disc: (drop down number of discs)
Play Next
Play Next Disc: (drop down number of discs)

(As an aside, I've often considered Roon as it would seem (I haven't tried it) to offer a better remote control experience over JRiver. I've stuck with JRiver because I like everything else it does from organization to tagging to playback (I only use it for audio). A better remote experience is, in my opinion, a way to enjoy a program, such as jriver, more. I assume most people that use JRiver to play Audio are doing so by interacting with a tablet to control playback and making that experience better would give JRiver a leg up over programs like Roon for people that don't care about all of the additional info that Roon provides. But this is another thread perhaps...)

MikeO

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2017, 10:30:45 am »

I have had a couple of unhappy tries with Roon each resulting in me giving up and getting a refund.

The info is stunning but classical navigation is a nightmare. It has improved in the latest version but ...

Add to that it won't play to This Device on iOS only android.

The BIG bonus with MC is the do it yourself config on views. Roon is what you're given. I could go on .....

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up