INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bulk modifying of properties on a handheld?(iPod)  (Read 877 times)

Scarab

• nothing more to say...
Bulk modifying of properties on a handheld?(iPod)
« on: July 01, 2003, 07:13:13 pm »

Heya, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, i wasn't sure. Anyways, i'm evaluating MC9, and so far, it looks like the answer to all my issues with regard to iPod friendly apps on the PC.
One problem though(and this is a pretty big one for me, though it might seem trivial): I can't seem to figure out how to for instance, change the genre of all the selected files on the iPod to something else. Basically, a properties menu like the one you have in the media library. Is there some way to do this? I would need to do this often as i'm always updating the way i classify the music when i find i want more granularity. Any ideas?
Thanks!  :D

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
Re: Bulk modifying of properties on a handheld?(iP
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 01:20:11 am »

With MC you would normally update the genre tags on the files in question in the MC library then resynch your iPod. The updated files will be transferred to the iPod. The handheld plugin isn't really intended to allow you to edit tags on music directly on the iPod.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2003, 05:58:19 am »

Scarab,

Phil's suggestion is good, you can update tags with a synch (with update tags selscted). In addition, you can edit them directly just like you would in MC. For example, when viewing songs in the right view on iPod, highlight the files you want to modify the 'Genre' for. RIght click on one of the files while pointing to the 'Genre' information and then edit the field. All the files will be updated with the new data.

One note, I just noticed that the tree information did not refresh immediately with the current plugin. I just corrected this and if you get the latest plugin (9.0.37) or today's version of MC 9.1 you will not see this problem.

Steve

Scarab

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2003, 05:11:50 pm »

Awesome, thanks! I didn't even thing to press return when i saw only the first field of the selection become editable, but sure enough, when i press return it fills down.  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up