INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC23 -- How do I lock in the column attributes  (Read 2081 times)

Zaro

• Recent member
MC23 -- How do I lock in the column attributes
« on: August 14, 2017, 04:53:03 pm »

Regardless of which view I select, at different times, the column attributes are always reverting back to the full set. I only want -- Name, Artist, Album, Track, Duration and Play Button. If I set one [all or of the views]  [for example, Albums, or All Albums] to these column attributes, latter they revert back to include all of the other columns....very frustrating. Why or how do I lock in these columns to a fixed [never to change] attributes.

Thanks in advance.
Zaro

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC23 -- How do I lock in the column attributes
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 05:12:39 pm »

Are you doing this on a MC Client rather than the MC Server?

View customisation done on a Client is lost next time you close and restart the Client, as the library on the Client is refreshed from the Server at each startup. Make the changes on the Server, and then Lock the View in the customisation options, and all will be good.

I use this feature a lot as it allows me to test all sorts of changes on my Client, knowing that they will all revert if I close and reopen the Client. Great for quick checks of data, testing expressions, or testing functionality.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Zaro

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 06:39:49 pm »

Thanks Roderick,

All I know is the MC 23 where I access my albums, I guess its the Client. I know nothing of the Server or how to use it. I would just like to lock in the views regardless of which view, I would like to have the same columns regardless of view. I can see the Media Server listed in my Windows Start list, nut clicking on Media Server does nothing.

rsg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 06:45:55 pm »

I have the same problem...column attributes often reverting to default (and I am not using MC23 as a client). So I would be very interested to know how to do this, as suggested in the post:

"Lock the View in the customisation options"

Thanks

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 08:27:52 pm »

Okay, it sounds like you are both using a standalone PC to run Media Center.

By "Lock the View in the customisation options" I meant under Customise View (Right Click on a View, select Customise View) > Advanced > Lock View. This stops customizations to a View from being saved to the same View name, or at least warns you about overwriting a View definition and gives you the option to save a customisation under another name. Sorry, not really what you are looking for here, as it is just columns that you want to lock.

Columns can be added and changed in a View without saving it.

There was a thread asking to define a set of columns globally for all Views, and to stop them reverting to a default set, at some time in the past. I don't recall the result of that discussion. I think the answer was to use saved Presets of the column layout, to quickly load what you want when they revert. Also potentially registry cleaners could break your column setup by removing the settings. Maybe.

Use the forum Advanced Search and search for "default Columns" in topic subjects only. You might find more information. Your posts feature a lot rsg!

This is a good one, although it doesn't answer why the column layout reverts to default: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,101798.msg706282.html#msg706282

Read the Wiki linked to in that thread and follow the link in he Wiki to: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=104268.0

Might find some answers in all that.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 01:51:44 am »

I use this feature a lot as it allows me to test all sorts of changes on my Client, knowing that they will all revert if I close and reopen the Client. Great for quick checks of data, testing expressions, or testing functionality.
Hey.... this is a great way as you say for testing changes....thanks
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

MusicBringer

• Galactic Citizen
  • MC32.0.87 x64bit
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 12:45:22 pm »

I think the answer was to use saved Presets of the column layout, to quickly load what you want...

Yes. That's what I have to do. Bit of a pain but I've now got used to it.
Caesar adsum jam forte. Brutus aderat. Caesar sic in omnibus. Brutus sic inat.

Zaro

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 01:32:04 pm »

Fantastic, Presets saved, of course. Does the job.
Thanks to everyone that helped with the recommendations.

Zaro

rsg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 08:59:30 pm »

By "Lock the View in the customisation options" I meant under Customise View (Right Click on a View, select Customise View) > Advanced > Lock View.

Not sure, though, why 'Customise View' is greyed out....

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2017, 06:54:31 am »

Could you post an image of where Customise View is greyed out? I don't see that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up