INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EOS Android App Really Shines...  (Read 1661 times)

DocLotus

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Retired and; Loving It!!!
EOS Android App Really Shines...
« on: August 16, 2017, 03:06:28 pm »

Am running my new Samsung Galaxy S8 with Samsungs DeX docking station... WONDERFUL combination.

As I was setting everything up I decided that JRiver MC was next to get the DeX treatment.

Found Neutron player for Android... very nice, very powerful & it connects to JRiver MC. Although it has a LOT of neat features it can be rather slow & cranky at times & it does not recognize special JRiver Playlist such as Car Radio which I use a lot.

Next up was JRiver Gizmo. Not to my surprise it does recognize the special JRiver Playlist such as Car Radio. BUT it to is often rather slow & cranky so I was using both Neutron (for its great feature set) AND Gizmo for accessing JRiver special Playlists.

Then a breath of fresh air came about as I accidentally ran across the most wonderful Android music app to date... EOS!!!

Boy oh boy this one does it all... clean, VERY fast loading of my music & fairly powerful (although Neutron still out does it in the power department).

Another thing I like about Eos is how easy it is to get around the interface (unlike Neutrons maze of menus).

Eos is a WONDERFUL app ;D

My hat off to the developer... GREAT job, keep up the good work. ::)

Cheers...
Doc
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

stewart_pk

Re: EOS Android App Really Shines...
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 08:00:29 pm »

I used to find it unreliable and it would crash on me so I've used Gizmo for a while. But recently I re-installed it and it's stable now. Yes it's a very good UI design no doubt; nice to use.

DocLotus

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 01:47:28 pm »

My experience over the last few days are that both Neutron & Gizmo would not connect or lose connection & not be able to re-connect several times a day. Often the only way I could get them back was with a re-boot of either my Windows 10 desktop or the phone, or both.

Eos on the other hand, has yet to disconnect of failed to re-connect... not ever ;D

It is ROCK solid.

My only complaint so far is that I can't get Eos to play any of my videos... I do get sound, just not video. Any ideas on that?  :P
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 12:00:05 pm »

My experience over the last few days are that both Neutron & Gizmo would not connect or lose connection & not be able to re-connect several times a day. Often the only way I could get them back was with a re-boot of either my Windows 10 desktop or the phone, or both.

Eos on the other hand, has yet to disconnect of failed to re-connect... not ever ;D

It is ROCK solid.

My only complaint so far is that I can't get Eos to play any of my videos... I do get sound, just not video. Any ideas on that?  :P
This seems to be device specific. It plays video fine on my fire tablet.

DocLotus

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 04:00:20 pm »

Ah... good to know. I'll look into the video problem some more... maybe it's my settings  :P

Thanks for the info, Bob.
Pages: [1]   Go Up