INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote Stopped Connecting  (Read 1960 times)

jjg2017

• Recent member
JRemote Stopped Connecting
« on: August 17, 2017, 10:56:29 pm »

My Android JRemote apps (on my phone and tablet) no longer connect to my MacBook Pro.  It returns a connection failed message when I try to connect.  Using JRiver 21.0.80.

When I tap the My servers option on my phone, it returns the following:
←   Connection failed

I   WakeOnLan request sent
I   Connecting to saved addresses

I   Connecting to address 10.x.x.x on port 52199
∆   Could not connect (failed to connect to /10.x.x.x (port 52199) after 5000ms: isConnected failed: ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused)

I   Connecting to address dynamic-acs-xx-xx-xxx-xx.myinternetserver on port 52199
∆   Could not connect (failed to connect to dynamic-acs-xx-xx-xxx-xx.myinternetserver/xx-xx-xxx-xx (port 52199) after 5000ms: isConnected failed: ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused)

↓   Fetching address from jriver.com using access key ‘XxxXXX’
I   No new IP-addresses found.  Updated addresses identical to current

Reviewing a past post indicated that a similar problem was solved by turning off the windows firewall.  I have the firewall on my mac off but to no avail.
I have no idea what to do next.  Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.  Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRemote Stopped Connecting
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 06:24:24 am »

The IP address of the server may have changed.

jjg2017

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 10:07:00 am »

Maybe.  So how do I check it and then fix that if it did??

Thanks.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 10:39:47 am »

Maybe.  So how do I check it and then fix that if it did??

Thanks.
MC on the Mac should update that address automatically.
I'm assuming JRemote is on the Lan with the Mac.
You can go into Options->Media Network->Click on the access key and do Test connection to this server.

If your Mac has a DHCP address on your Lan you might want to consider giving it a fixed lease (on the router) or a static address outside of the DHCP address range but in the same Lan address block.

jjg2017

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 12:12:56 pm »

Thank you.

However I have my MBP solely as a music server in my dedicated 2-channel system.  Therefore I did not set up DLNA since I don't use it as a network library server.  So no additional access key other than my original one from JRiver.

But I have a windows PC in another room with MC22 running local also there for a dedicated headphone system.  Could there be some conflict occurring because I have two independent systems of MC21 on Mac and MC22 on PC both connected to my router and both having the same JRiver access Key?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 01:20:59 pm »

But I have a windows PC in another room with MC22 running local also there for a dedicated headphone system.  Could there be some conflict occurring because I have two independent systems of MC21 on Mac and MC22 on PC both connected to my router and both having the same JRiver access Key?
No.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 02:50:35 pm »

Thank you.

However I have my MBP solely as a music server in my dedicated 2-channel system.  Therefore I did not set up DLNA since I don't use it as a network library server.  So no additional access key other than my original one from JRiver.

You need Media Network to be enabled to be able to get an access key.
The access key is unique to each running MC so you can't use the same one on both your PC and MAC (if you did, how could you tell them apart)?
So, in JRemote you use the access key for the server from which you want to get the tracks to play.

jjg2017

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2017, 10:02:59 pm »

Thanks a million bob!

Created a new access key and all is well again.

I would never have known that was the solution without your post.  Reassuring to know there are helpful and knowledgeable people like yourself willing and able to assist floundering JRiver users like myself with perplexing issues.

Pages: [1]   Go Up