INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No "fast forward" in JRemote  (Read 2740 times)

Goodsound

• Recent member
No "fast forward" in JRemote
« on: August 18, 2017, 06:56:07 am »

It used to work before but after any of the recent updates it does not work anymore:
Fast Scrubbing or just simply use the slider in JRemote which shows the actual position during the music playback.

I am using MC22 on Windows pc delivering music (DLNA) via JRemote on iPad to a Linn Streamer.

I would like to have back the flexibility to jump at any position of the song.
When I use the Slider, my change is ignored and it jumps back to actual position of the played song. Also the buttons -60 -30 +30 +60 seconds are ignored when touched.
Is there a bug or do I have to change a switch in the options that changed after upgrade to MC22 or another update without notice?

Thanx for your support.

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: No "fast forward" in JRemote
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 09:28:15 am »

Wonder if it's MC22?

I am on MC 23 build .41, and I just a few mins ago FF'd through a song without issue.

If you FF and it jumps back, I wonder if it's a buffering issue?  Dunno - pure speculation
TV: LG OLED C1 83"
3D: LG OLED C6 65" (two) - madVR MVC->SBS
3D: Valve Index (using Media Center+MadVR) + Virtual Home Theater (Steam)
HTPC: Core i7, Win11, nVidia 3090RTX
Storage: 500TB Snapraid via SMB to Ubuntu 18 LTS server
Audio: exaSound e68 Multichannel USB DAC, Sonus Faber Speakers, REL Subx2
Video: HDMI 2.1/4K@120Hz, JRVR (2D), MadVR (3D), 7.1 Channel Audio into AMPs: Conrad Johnson 2/5 Channel Amps, Marantz av8805A PreAmp
Cables: Shotgun Interconnects, AudioQuest Cinnamon 48GB HDMI cables

Goodsound

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 02:37:50 pm »

It used to work with MC16, saying that I upgraded some time ago directly to MC22.
FF works fine directly on my PC in MC22 but not via remote JRemote on iPad.
All other functions do work as they're supposed to.
I still hope that someone from JRiver tech support answers here.

Goodsound

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 06:35:26 am »

I thought this was the support Forum  ?
I don't expect other users to know the answer but some official support employee from JRiver? Please don't let customers down, you should know your own products.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 07:31:04 am »

Does it work with some formats and not others?

Goodsound

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 12:41:57 pm »

It's independent of used sound format, I tried it with FLAC and MP3. Neither does FF.

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 02:27:25 pm »

It's probably because something has changed with how MC is feeding audio to the "Linn streamer".

Try doing playback to a local device on the PC as a test.  The built in sound card would be fine as a test.  Or a real DAC.  I'll bet JRemote does FF/scrub/jump with a local device correctly.

Brian.

Goodsound

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 05:18:56 am »

Thanks Brian, as I wrote three posts above, FF/jumping works directly on my PC (with local playback by soundcard).
The Linn Streamer I use is Model Majik DSM.

blgentry

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 08:22:35 am »

Well, it seems clear that the issue is not with JRemote at all.  It's with MC's connection to the DLNA renderer (the Linn device).

I'm guessing something changed in the recent update that makes DLNA connections different.  I sorta remember some big change in DLNA late in the MC22 tree that triggered a number of complaints, but I can't remember any specifics.

You could try rolling back to an earlier version of MC22 to test and see if you see correct behavior then.

There are complex troubleshooting procedures that you could try also.  The normal advice is to use the White Bear DLNA analyzer and then post its log file here.  The author generally reads the logs and tries to help out.

White Bear and it's author are not associated with JRiver; he's just an enthusiast trying to help out.  You can find the software with a search.

Good luck.

Brian.

Goodsound

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 12:50:58 pm »

So my MC22 License Key is supposed to work with MC21 as well?
I could try to install MC21 to test differences in DLNA behaviour.
Of course I cannot expulse the possibility that one of Linn's updates is responsible for a change in DLNA behaviour, which makes it hard to find out who to ask for support.

blgentry

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2017, 01:06:44 pm »

Your MC22 license should be good for MC22 only I think.  I was suggesting an earlier build of MC22.  For example if you wanted the 22.0.81 release, you could download that here:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=109835.0

I picked that one because the release notes for later versions of MC22 have a note that in 22.0.87 there were "DLNA tweaks".  I have no idea if this build will work for you or not.  I also have essentially no idea what the proper procedure is for rolling back to an earlier release.  I don't use MC on Windows.

If it's not clear, try the above suggestions at your own risk.  I do not warranty this advice in any way.

Or maybe someone else has some other suggestions.

Brian.

Goodsound

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2017, 02:14:00 pm »

Brian, meanwhile I downloaded MC23 (cause I couldn't find MC 21) just out of curiositiy.
Result:  The slider works as supposed.  ;D
-30 -60 are still ignored, +30 +60 jump to absolute position 30sec or 60sec (not relative +30) but I don't care about as long the Slider works fine.

So it seems I just have to upgrade to MC23 and spend those $26 to get the problem solved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up