INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Feature Request] Transcoding video should prevent computer from going to sleep  (Read 1814 times)

DeaneG

• World Citizen

A feature request - transcoding TV shows to MP4 etc should prevent the PC from going to sleep until the queue is empty.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"

OTHER SOLUTIONS: check out power options on your PC. There are multiple ways to get your system to stay awake, the easiest of them is to create a new power profile that either extends (say 4 hours) or completely turns off the sleep timer while you are encoding.

Another, cheap and easy way, is to load a video or audio file in Windows Media Player, and pause it. This will cause WMP to tell the system not to sleep because it is "playing" a media file.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team

Another, cheap and easy way, is to load a video or audio file in Windows Media Player, and pause it. This will cause WMP to tell the system not to sleep because it is "playing" a media file.

I think he wants MC to prevent the PC from sleeping directly without having to use tricks. If WMP is able keep the PC awake then MC should be able to do so too.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"

I think he wants MC to prevent the PC from sleeping directly without having to use tricks. If WMP is able keep the PC awake then MC should be able to do so too.
oh
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

DeaneG

• World Citizen

Right, for example Handbrake has an option to prevent the PC from sleeping while transcoding is in progress. It's a pretty standard feature.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!

This will be in an upcoming build:

Changed: Convert Format tool will prevent system from going to sleep.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

DeaneG

• World Citizen

Thank you!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up