INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Solution to pops and hisses in windows 10 using wasapi.  (Read 1141 times)

Wiam1981

Solution to pops and hisses in windows 10 using wasapi.
« on: October 26, 2017, 06:17:12 pm »

I recently got a new pc that i use for audio/video and installed jriver.

Since then i made sure that the internal  clock in my dac was disabled, as i am using the dac 4.32se from the dutch company Pink Faun and have the i2s bridge from the same company, since it feeds i2s output straight into the dac the internal clock wasnt needed.

Thing is i got a lot of pops and ticks in the sound with choosing wasapi output to the point that it was annoying the hell out of me, with directsound output the sound was fine, meaning that something in windows 10 is not working as intended.

After resigning myself to the usage of direct sound, which sounded ok, i thought of a possible sollution. since i am actually not ok with just ok sounding music, it needs to sound great. My sound output in windows is set to 32 bit 192khz and within jriver i didnt select the dsp. meaning that it relays the regular sampling to the normal output while letting windows do the resampling. My reasoning was that the internal upscaling of frequencies that was done by windows is wonky.

I therefore tried setting all the parameters in the jriver dsp to 192khz, and lo and behold no more pops and hisses, by selecting the sox resampler the sound went from great to simply amazing.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Solution to pops and hisses in windows 10 using wasapi.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 06:25:37 pm »

Welcome to the forum and thanks very much for posting that.

Wiam1981

Re: Solution to pops and hisses in windows 10 using wasapi.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 06:26:04 pm »

You are very welcome
Pages: [1]   Go Up