INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 23.0.36 -- Available Here  (Read 9376 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 23.0.36 -- Available Here
« on: August 16, 2017, 10:17:30 am »

This is an early build of JRiver Media Center 23.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v23/latest/MediaCenter230036.exe

23.0.36 (8/15/2017)

1. NEW: Web Gizmo - Input added for selecting zone playback, new button for playing all files in current view.
2. Fixed: Crash when VST audio plugins are enabled and loaded (e.g. playback, configuring DSP, etc.).  Builds 32 through 35 were affected.
3. Fixed: Several bug fixes in the PlayPower configuration dialog.

23.0.35 (8/14/2017)

1. Changed: Improved TV time-shifting/JTV folder name formatting to better avoid collisions.
2. Changed: Web Gizmo support for larger library views.
3. Fixed: Action names for delay, MCC, and run program in playpower were getting blanked out in the list.

23.0.34 (8/11/2017)

1. Changed: PlayPower - Auto refresh the zone list if some zones are inaccessible when the dialog is shown because it takes a while for network zones to show up in the list.
2. Changed: PlayPower - Persist the engen device path as well as name in saved actions.  Also be smarter about making device names human readable whenever possible.
3. Changed: PlayPower - Limit to audio playback for the time being.
4. Changed: The new tag window is opened always (no way to switch anymore).
5. NEW: Web Gizmo has a fresh new interface (still a work in progress).
6. Fixed: When running "Rename, Move, & Copy" tool with multiple JTV files, some files could be copied into the same time-shifting folder, causing Windows popup complaining about "destination file already exists".
7. Fixed: The PlayPower status dialog would not show on very quick actions. Now it shows for at least two seconds regardless.

23.0.33 (8/8/2017)

1. Changed: Change made in TV Guide database of "TheTVDB Series ID", or any field with relational type FIELD_RELATIONAL_TYPE_SERIES, will no longer be propagated to the main database directly.
2. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
3. Changed: PlayPower - Use "input alias" values for meter device names when available from the Engen server.  These are created by the user in the Engen software to make sub-node names more human readable.
4. Changed: PlayPower - Added logging to debug where a UI freeze is happening occasionally at closing the options dialog.  Also made EngenAPI thread safe.
5. Changed: PlayPower - Now refreshes all sub-nodes on a device before querying for a meter reading.
6. Changed: PlayPower - Added some status information to the Wait dialog during the 'prepare to start playback' phase.

23.0.32 (8/7/2017)

1. Changed: Ctrl-K or MCC 28042 for toggling commercial skips will no longer turn off manual skipping (i.e. the Next/Previous buttons).
2. Fixed: PlayPower - When adding an existing IR blast, it was calling it "New IR Blast" rather than using the existing name when available.
3. Fixed: Numeric "Spin" type UI controls did not respond to multiple mouse clicks on the up/down arrows unless there was a 1 second delay between them.
4. Changed: PlayPower - Is now available even when "Remote Control" feature is disabled.  When remote control is disabled, IR commands are not handled but PlayPower setup can still be done with Engen and other commands.

23.0.31 (8/4/2017)

1. Fixed: Engen settings would get lost if Cancel was selected in the Options dialog before viewing the Engen settings.
2. Changed: Some wording was changed to reflect the new Engen setup name: PlayPower.
3. Changed: During a fresh install, the installer will look for Media Center 20, 21, and 22 instead of only Media Center 22 when upgrading the library and settings.
4. Changed: Italian translation updated (thanks, Massimo).
5. Changed: Added a 'Refresh' button to the zone list on the Engen Setup page (Options / Remote Control / Engen Setup).  Fills in zones that weren't accessible previously.
6. NEW: "Get Movie & TV Info" tool is available on TV Recordings view.
7. Changed: When updating XMLTV EPG data with "TheTVDB Series ID" being empty, we do not empty the field in the database if we already have a previously obtained entry of the same show.

23.0.30 (8/2/2017)

1. Changed: When evaluating TV recording file path expressions at the end of recording, single-digit Season and Episode numbers are padded with a '0' to match the behavior in "Rename, Move, & Copy" tool.
2. Changed: When evaluating TV recording file path expressions at the end of recording, empty fields will use "Unknown xxxxx" to avoid creating an empty string for a folder name, and to match the behavior in "Rename, Move, & Copy" tool.
3. Changed: Many UI changes in the new Engen setup dialog (Options / Remote Control / Engen Setup).
4. Fixed: Engen setup for playback shows a "working..." popup with a Cancel button that wasn't working.  Also several other bugs were fixed.

23.0.29 (8/1/2017)

1. Changed: Radio KISS - Default playback is player and audio quality is Original.
2. Fixed: Radio KISS - Playing now song select didn't work on remote zones.
3. Fixed: Problems in the new Engen remote control feature.
4. NEW: "Locate" context menu in TV Recordings view.
5. Fixed: Connecting to a new remote library didn't reliably use HTTPS if a HTTP connection to the same library was used before.
6. Changed: The expression Watched() will show something like "10 of 12 watched" for groups of files.

23.0.28 (7/31/2017)

1. Fixed: Sorting of results by quality in Get Movie & TV Info wasn't working.

23.0.27 (7/31/2017)

1. Fixed: Playing rotated videos with Red October HQ were cut-off at the bottom.
2. Changed: JRDisc didn't have a version.
3. NEW: Included updated German translation file. (thanks to ByteStar)

23.0.26 (7/28/2017)

1. NEW: In Options / Remote Control, added an Engen setup section for controlling A/V equipment.  Currently the only trigger is start of playback within a zone.  Work in progress.

23.0.25 (7/28/2017)

1. Fixed: Get Movie & TV Info didn't scale the subtitle selection properly on some monitors.
2. Changed: Removed World Weather Online from Theater View weather because they expired our API key.
3. NEW: Added OpenWeatherMap as a source to Theater View weather.
4. Fixed: Theater View News Interact wouldn't show Japanese and other foreign characters properly.
5. Fixed: Radio KISS - Settings (play to, quality, zone info) wouldn't be cached on some devices after closing the browser.
6. NEW: Added "Cover Art" and "Links" submenus in TV Recordings view's context menu.
7. Fixed: Some OpenCable TV channels could not be played in recent builds.

23.0.24 (7/26/2017)

1. Fixed: The weather plugin wouldn't scale nicely on high DPI.
2. Fixed: Radio KISS - Various display issues resolved on tablets/medium displays.
3. Fixed: Radio KISS - Volume/previous/play/next buttons and selecting track now all work and disable properly.
4. NEW: Radio KISS - Early implementation of play doctor button.

23.0.23 (7/25/2017)

1. Fixed: An audio bug affecting Sat>IP channels with AC3 audio.
2. Fixed: Setting the wallpaper wouldn't work properly on some systems (maybe Windows 10 specific?).
3. NEW: An option to automatically reset log file when it grows beyond a user configured size.
4. Fixed: Disabling online Theater View theme image downloading wasn't working.
5. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
6. Fixed: We were no longer showing keyboard shortcuts for Display View, Theater View, etc.
7. Changed: Removed "(ATSC only)" from "In Over-the-air EPG scan (ATSC only), save programs for channels with empty XMLTV IDs only" in Television properties.
8. NEW: Added the playback option Play Shuffled Albums (in track order) to take the tracks and expand them to full albums and shuffle the albums.
9. Changed: Updated Japanese language file (thanks Tsuchiya Kazuo).
10. NEW: An MCC command (28042) and keyboard accelerator (Ctrl K) to toggle automatic ComSkip off or on during video playback.
11. NEW: "Send To" submenu is now available in Television view context menu when TV Recordings are in view.
12. NEW: The Disk Writer plugin can optionally write MP3 data instead of WAV data.
13. Fixed: MC could freeze for up to a minute at startup and other times if a handheld device had been created from a network share and the share dropped off the network.
14. NEW: Radio KISS - Mobile devices now support progress bar and seeking (on playing now page).
15. NEW: Radio KISS - New playlist card look and feel featuring album art from the playlist.
16. Changed: Radio KISS - Playback buttons are new and improved with animations and improved mobile responsiveness.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

jherbert

• World Citizen
Lost delimiters when editing artist field
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 09:09:00 am »

When editing artist I lose the delimiter that splits individual artists. ";" seems to be replaced by " " in the process. Did not happen before.

jack wallstreet

Re: JRiver Media Center 23.0.36 -- Available Here
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 09:22:38 am »

Seems to be a delay in response when trying to move a field up and down quickly in the template dialog box (tag action window).  You have to pause between mouse clicks when, in fact, you want to move fast.
John

RD James

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 04:54:48 pm »

Though I like the new tagging pane, can you please restore the option to bring up the old one by holding down shift when clicking tag? At least until they have feature parity.
There's no option I can see to have the new tagging pane display all tags which contain values, for example.

jack wallstreet

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 06:08:10 pm »

On the new tagging window, I have the following issues that may be bugs - either no fields displaying at all or sometimes not the correct fields or not in correct order.

1. Created a custom template consisting only of "visible fields" move it to top of templates (so it is active) - Similar to old tag window
2. Using two panes (don't know whether or not problem exists with single pane
3. Switch the view (template) of the active pane to change columns in the pane, close and reopen tagging pane
4. From that point on tag window seems very confused, sometimes showing no fields at all or after a lot of clicking between panes and closing and opening tag window it shows wrong fields (not visible ones) or not in order.
5. All was corrected when I brought up the "audio" pane.  Instantly fixed.  Not sure whether the problem would have occurred if the audio pane had been active in the first place.

Let me know if you need me or want more info.

Edit - Since I wrote the above, I am having trouble getting the "visible field" view in the tagging window to work consistently at all.   Closing and opening the tagging window helps.
John

ST

• Junior Woodchuck
JRiver Media Center 23.0.36 -- Available Here
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 05:18:15 am »

Just wanted to report that everything works fine with MC 23.0.36 in regards to issues raised in the MC23.0.30. Thread.

Thank you.
My complete system setup in website

klweds

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 01:54:46 pm »

Though I like the new tagging pane, can you please restore the option to bring up the old one by holding down shift when clicking tag?

JR -- could you also please restore the option to set ratings by clicking on a star. There is no faster way to do this for an entire album. The numeric rating field adds steps to a previously simpler action.

DMC-A1

• Recent member
  • Preserving the Air we Breathe
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 05:27:34 pm »

I would like to select show tags with values as well. I played with the new tagging window, but can't see how to get simple "show tags with values" and "tags in current view." So going back to 23.0.30. Can you just add these as buttons so we don't have to write templates to perform common tasks? 

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 07:36:30 pm »

JR -- could you also please restore the option to set ratings by clicking on a star. There is no faster way to do this for an entire album. The numeric rating field adds steps to a previously simpler action.

That functionality is still available in Views. Both the old and new tag windows use the numerical Rating number.

As far as I can see, nothing has changed.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2017, 07:38:42 pm »

That functionality is still available in Views. Both the old and new tag windows use the numerical Rating number.

As far as I can see, nothing has changed.

It's been a long time since I used it, but didn't the old tag window have clickable rating stars in its header area, along with a filetype entry that could be clicked to open the tag dump?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2017, 08:34:37 pm »

It's been a long time since I used it, but didn't the old tag window have clickable rating stars in its header area, along with a filetype entry that could be clicked to open the tag dump?

Oops, I overlooked mentioning that. I tend to tag in a View, at least for Ratings. It is still there in the "old" tag window and works for individual files and albums/groups. I guess the request is to add that "header area" tag by stars functionality.

The individual tag values within the body of the tag window are numeric.

The good news is that the old tag window is coming back as the default for the moment. Perhaps this request could be included with the fixes it needs.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2017, 08:49:29 pm »

On the new tagging window, I have the following issues that may be bugs - either no fields displaying at all or sometimes not the correct fields or not in correct order.

1. Created a custom template consisting only of "visible fields" move it to top of templates (so it is active) - Similar to old tag window
2. Using two panes (don't know whether or not problem exists with single pane
3. Switch the view (template) of the active pane to change columns in the pane, close and reopen tagging pane
4. From that point on tag window seems very confused, sometimes showing no fields at all or after a lot of clicking between panes and closing and opening tag window it shows wrong fields (not visible ones) or not in order.
5. All was corrected when I brought up the "audio" pane.  Instantly fixed.  Not sure whether the problem would have occurred if the audio pane had been active in the first place.

Let me know if you need me or want more info.

Edit - Since I wrote the above, I am having trouble getting the "visible field" view in the tagging window to work consistently at all.   Closing and opening the tagging window helps.

i am doing my best to reproduce this, but i cannot. 

jack wallstreet

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2017, 10:36:11 pm »

I'll double check my instructions and see if I can cause the issue with a simpler setup.  Thanks for trying.  I'll try to get back on this by end of this coming weekend. 
John

jack wallstreet

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2017, 11:02:49 pm »

I have tested a bit more and may be able to simplify and narrow it down a bit.

The blank tag box doesn't seem to be triggered by the template, but rather seems to be associated with the "recently imported" playlist.  I use the recently imported all the time and it could be that I am seeing troubles associated with that playlist rather then just the tag pane. 

1. It appears you don't need to create a new template - so load the audio template (or let it switch to it) - I tested only audio files (Mp3)
2  Close the tag window
3. Bring up the recently imported playlist (with files in it) as an active pane. 
4. Open the tag window - it is completely blank when I do it.
5. Change the active pane to another playlist.  On my computer the tag window stays empty (obviously a file needs to be selected - but it is still empty
6. The tag window only begins to work properly when it is closed and then opened on a pane other than the recently imported

Hopefully this is reproducible.  I think all my other tests were done in part with the "recently imported" playlist and that distorted my results.  I have been reporting problems for numerous versions, but now that I think about it, it may have always been when using recently imported.
John

klweds

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 12:15:05 am »

I guess the request is to add that "header area" tag by stars functionality.

Correct. I use a split view with album thumbnails on top and a list of files below. As long as an album thumbnail is selected all the tracks receive the rating when it's applied via the tag pane stars; no manual selection of tracks or numeric field entry required.

(Fwiw -- the fact that MC writes ratings into an audio file's internal tags is of tremendous value to me. Some major alternative apps don't do this.)

Another tag panel feature I miss: the ability to apply cover art by dragging it onto the image thumbnail. This is a little known but very useful function.
Pages: [1]   Go Up