INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does MC23 upgrade need to run on an administrator account?  (Read 1033 times)

BillT

• World Citizen
Does MC23 upgrade need to run on an administrator account?
« on: August 21, 2017, 07:46:06 am »

As MC23 looks as if it might have reached a stable state I thought I'd try upgrading from MC22.

Ran the install program on my media server machine and it found neither the library nor the settings and was obviously a clean install with all the pain that that entailed. I thought I'd read that the settings and library were supposed to be acquired with an upgrade install these days.

Then I installed on my ripping/tagging machine and that upgrade found both the settings and the library, much to my relief.

The differences are that the unsuccessful install is running W7 as a user and the the successful one is running W10 as an administrator.

Does the upgrade only look for administrator settings? If so that could explain the upgrade inadequacy on my server machine, as the administrator account has no meaningful JRiver settings.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Does MC23 upgrade need to run on an administrator account?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 09:26:50 am »

You can restore an MC22 backup in MC23.  It can restore your settings, too.  Read carefully.
Pages: [1]   Go Up