INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NAS Library problems  (Read 1465 times)

cantorgale

NAS Library problems
« on: August 23, 2017, 05:56:37 pm »

Newbie problem I'm sure with easy solution.

I have MC 23 on my PC where MC successfully accesses my local audio files.

I have a WD My Cloud Personal with FLAC files loaded. I am able to access the NAS via wifi on my laptop through My Cloud interface to play files. I am able to access NAS on my iPhone My Cloud app and VLC streamer and through my Oppo Sonica DAC iPhone interface to stream into my home stereo.

However, I cannot import my NAS music library into MC 23 either on my laptop, iPad or iPhone. I have the IOS app on my phone. When I enter the Key or URL, I get a timeout. On my PC, it does not recognize the server.

Again, I am able to access my NAS files through WD My Cloud interface to my PC and My Cloud/VLC (VLS transcodes FLAC so iPhone can play them.)

I'm sure there is something very basic I am not doing, but I can't use JRiver MC for my NAS files, which is why I purchased it. To be fair, I have encountered the same problem with Musicbee and Media Monkey - so the problem clearly is on my end...

Much thanks for any advice,
DSG

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: NAS Library problems
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 06:12:02 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  You probably need to set up auto-import.  Tools > Import > Configure auto import.  Add the NAS by browsing to it.

The wiki has a topic on auto import.

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 07:08:25 pm »

Forget about the "my cloud interface" or any other way you've described accessing your NAS. At least with MC.  With MC, you want to access your files, as files, using a drive letter.  Map your NAS to an unused drive letter (like M: for example).  Once it's mapped, as Jim said, set up auto import to add those files to your MC library.

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 07:11:29 pm »

You shouldn't have to map it to a drive, unless the Mac requires it.  Brian would know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up