INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cannot play dolby true HD with media center 23  (Read 1571 times)

iankelsall25

• Recent member
cannot play dolby true HD with media center 23
« on: August 25, 2017, 12:51:09 pm »

i have a Pioneer sc-lx90 av receiver and i normally use powerdvd 17 to watch blu ray movies. i have no problem getting dts master audio or dolby true HD
via HDMI.  i cannot get lossless decoding via media center 23, the best i can get is dolby digital according to the receiver display.
if i select 'output encoding as none' i get pcm stereo. i have selected every variable i can think of and i am still either stereo or dolby digital.
in the windows sound panel i can select either the av receiver or jriver media center and both are set for 5.1. still makes no difference. i understood that this program is supposed to be able to stream lossless audio without conversion to dolby digital. is this not true? i have been misled to believe that it can. if so it is useless to me as a video player

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: cannot play dolby true HD with media center 23
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 01:45:05 pm »

Media Center losslessly decodes these formats to PCM by default.
In the audio options (not DSP) you can enable bitstreaming to have your AVR decode them instead.
This prevents MC doing any processing on the audio - it has to be processed by your AVR instead.

2gg5gg2

• Recent member
Re: cannot play dolby true HD with media center 23
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 11:39:23 am »

I have the same problem but only with the movies that have audio dts hd master audio 5.1- if I choose HDMI (in audio options) it doent work at all. If I choose DSD (in audio options) my reciever gets only 2 channels (stereo) instead 5.1.
How to make it play 5.1 dts hd master audio through HDMI?
Pages: [1]   Go Up