INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC23 Freeze  (Read 1792 times)

bye2

• Recent member
MC23 Freeze
« on: August 25, 2017, 01:40:57 pm »

Whenever I start the MC23 and click on Audio to view my music library, it always freeze.  I tried to restore the library and rebuild the thumbnail, but no luck.  Any hint I can get to resolve the issue?

The MC23 is the latest just downloaded in the above link.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: MC23 Freeze
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 02:51:10 pm »

is this a new problem? is this your first install of MC?  maybe some more info would help....let me guess windows 10 or a older pc with 512 mg ram....just kidding but more info is needed!
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

bye2

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 09:18:50 pm »

I've just upgraded MC22 to MC23, same issue shows in MC22 too.

My PC is win 10, 8G Ram.  Accessing my music files in a mounted NAS drive.  It's ok on my another PC with similar configuration.  Everything were working fine in the week after installation but the issue happened starting from yesterday.

bye2

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 11:17:46 pm »

Tried several clean re-install but no luck.  Appears it will freeze when I tried to import the music too fast and it hold when building thumbnails.  However, seems no pattern on this because I have tried a different combination of order already.

Log attached and hope if someone could help.

Thanks.

Plutotype

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 02:49:23 am »

I have reported it here a week ago, but no reply yet, hope for a fix
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=111911.0

bye2

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 03:46:11 am »

I see.  Hope someone could help.  MC is really a convenient tool.

I'm still testing.  Some symptom (may be) is found:
- It's OK when I manually drag 2 folders to import, the regenerate the thumbnails for the 2 folders.  Close the application and start again.  It's fine.
- However, it freezes again when addressing file listing the audio files.  It's stopped when scrolling too fast.  OK when I scroll, nearly, 1 by 1 file.
- Same when I access the smart list: recent import.

I just don't know why there is no issue on my other PC (for file backup).  But my headphone amp is connected to the main one. 

Have tried the to fallback to .22, .36, and current .41, no luck.

-- edit ---
Same issue after I cleared everything for MC including the program files directory and the roaming app data.  Problem persist with installation of MC22 (v111).

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 07:21:22 pm »

The last thing mentioned in your log is this file:

M:\Music\倉木麻衣\永遠より ながく _ Drive me crazy\01 永遠より ながく.m4a

It's entirely possible that file is bad and is crashing MC.  I would move that file to a different directory, outside of the directories that MC is monitoring.  Then run MC again and see what happens.

Broken files are a very common source of MC crashes and other weirdness.

Good luck.

Brian.

bye2

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 10:10:04 pm »

Thanks, and seems not.

It's not always crash on the same file.  As mentioned before, the result is fine when I stopped the MC, and import the same file again.  Apparently there is a 'limit" at the moment on my desktop PC that I can only import 2 albums at most.  I think it freeze when requiring to generate a large amount of thumbnails.  Same with both latest version of MC22 and MC23.

Another PC as file server, attaching with the same NAS mount, is working fine running with Windows 10.

Currently I give up on testing, using Library Server from my file server instead.  However, I hope anyone could help to track the issue so that it won't happen on my file server...

:-\

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2017, 07:25:27 am »

Is it a crash?  Meaning the program terminates by itself.

Or is it a freeze?  Meaning the program becomes unresponsive. 

If it is freezing, let it run, even overnight.
Pages: [1]   Go Up