INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automatic Library Update  (Read 753 times)

Wobbley

• World Citizen
  • What a bum rap for a nice, sensitive guy like me
Automatic Library Update
« on: July 01, 2003, 01:54:28 am »

I know this has been covered in previous posts, but I wanted to start a separate thread devoted only to this to make it easier to keep track of other users' thoughts and J River's responses.

I recently discovered that porting songs to my iPod was "fouled up" because I had made tag and filename changes to files that were assigned to playlists that I sync with my iPod.  Because I had not updated my library after making said changes, the songs that had changed were screwed up on the iPod after the transfer.  If I update the tags in Media Center and those changes are reflected (immediately mind you) in MC, including making changes to filenames, doesn't it make sense that I would naturally assume that the library would, in fact, reflect these changes as well?  I know, I know, after discovering the problem and thinking hard about it, I realized what I had done, and I knew about the library update feature/necessity all along (I've used it inthe past), but I just forgot.  But it seems to me that it MC should be intuitive and go ahead and update the library when changes are made.

If I am wrong about this, I apologize, and someone please correct me...If I am not, is there any way that MC could automatically update the library with changes made in the GUI, at the time that the changes are made?  Does any one else, again assuming I am correct in my assumptions, agree with this needed functionality?  Those that do not, could you express why you disagree?

Thanks,

Wobbley

Wobbley

• World Citizen
  • What a bum rap for a nice, sensitive guy like me
Re: Automatic Library Update
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 02:15:32 pm »

nevermind, I'm a dumba__ sometimes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up