INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I've suddenly got two dozen stacked tracks in 23.0.36  (Read 2366 times)

AlanDistro

• World Citizen
I've suddenly got two dozen stacked tracks in 23.0.36
« on: August 30, 2017, 07:16:39 am »

I've been using JRiver for about two years now and I've never seen random stacked tracks before, over the last week I suddenly have two dozen of them. They're usually only one per album, and only one out of 100 albums are affected. They are all "conversion" files in the stacks (the albums are all flac, the stacked file is a wav file).

What's causing this? How can I get it to stop? And is there a way to clear/view all stacked tracks? (I tried a smart list with "Stack Tag -> is not -> <empty>" but that only showed me one song, while sorting my Files view by the stack column shows me 20+ songs.)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: I've suddenly got two dozen stacked tracks in 23.0.36
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 07:33:33 am »

Select a few, then unstack them.  Delete files you don't want.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Stacks

AlanDistro

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 07:37:01 am »

Right, getting rid of them isn't a huge issue yet, the bigger issue is where are they coming from? Because they're conversion files (conversions are not being done on these albums btw, they were ripped to flac by dBpoweramp), I'm assuming it has something to do with converting them to stream them to one of my clients?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 08:24:13 am »

DBpoweramp can be set to rip to two formats at once.

AlanDistro

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 08:30:31 am »

Sorry, perhaps I didn't give enough info. I ripped a CD with dBpoweramp to flac two years ago. It's been in JRiver since with no problem. Suddenly over the last week, track 4 will become stacked with a conversion file (or any other random track number, it's not the same on any of them). This file was not stacked before. I did not convert the file. Nothing has been done to the file (except it playing in shuffle) since I imported the flac rip years ago.

This is a new issue I've never seen before.

The only possible issue I can think of is that JRiver is converting the file to stream to a client PC when I'm shuffling my music downstairs, and then not erasing the temp streaming conversion. But I don't know if that's even how streaming works. So I posted to see if some other setting might be causing this, but because it's happening to random old files, I am assuming shuffle streaming is to blame somehow.

xpto

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 09:54:46 am »

I can confirm AlanDistro's statements. This is happening to me as well.

Many stacked files are appearing across different Albums.

Does this have anything to do with the New Web Gizmo recently introduced?

Thanks,
xpto

AlanDistro

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 10:24:01 am »

I can confirm AlanDistro's statements. This is happening to me as well.

Many stacked files are appearing across different Albums.

Does this have anything to do with the New Web Gizmo recently introduced?

Thanks,
xpto

That makes sense, I did try the Web Gizmo thing for two days before going back to a client install because the Web version doesn't level the volume and I was getting 10dB jumps all over the place from track to track. I bet that's the culprit.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 10:22:57 pm »

Is this likely to be the first time you have needed audio files to be converted for playback on a device or in Web Gizmo / Panel?

I was usiing Panel / Web Gizmo yesterday and don't have this issue, but I also don't have any conversion files either.

Under "Options > File Location > Conversion Cache" what setting do you have for Audio? Perhaps "Next to file"?

I have mine set to "None" on my test system and "Custom folder" on my main HTPC and haven't' seen this. The "Custom folder" isn't included in Auto Import, so I wouldn't expect to see Stacked files either, as MC shouldn't by importing them into the library.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

AlanDistro

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2017, 06:21:08 am »

Under "Options > File Location > Conversion Cache" what setting do you have for Audio? Perhaps "Next to file"?

Audio is set to "C:\Users\Alan\Music\JRiver Conversion Cache"

If I change that to "none" are there any risks to my files? IE could JRiver start the conversion for streaming, something hiccups, and then my original file is corrupt? Or does it just keep the converted file in RAM instead of writing it to disc when "none" is selected?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2017, 07:16:06 am »

I'm not sure if it keeps it in RAM or writes a temporary file then deleted it. Either way your originals are safe. The cache is just there to save time converting the files multiple times.

As you are using a separate specified location though, which I assume is not included under Auto Import, there could be a problem with the current version of the software.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

AlanDistro

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2017, 07:41:08 am »

As you are using a separate specified location though, which I assume is not included under Auto Import, there could be a problem with the current version of the software.

Yeah all auto-import functions are unticked, I drag and drop when I want to import. I tend to do as much as possible manually, I never trust software. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up