INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Big trouble with entry associated with cue files  (Read 1338 times)

PhDSM

• World Citizen
Big trouble with entry associated with cue files
« on: August 30, 2017, 08:24:04 am »

Hello,

I usually import file directly with explorer "shell integration".
Yesterday I decide to use RunImport Now  ans it reseted most of my entries "linked" to cue file entry.
The entry were pointed toward the whole files and "cue info" (position/length) was reset to the whole file.

I had in the past many issue with cue file ,  especially when moving, and also wrong length.
Do you still support them ? 
any known issues with them ?

Why as I set "Fix Broken links to No in media import option, it still did it ?
(see attached detail report)

Regards

Phil

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Big trouble with entry associated with cue files
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 11:39:16 am »

The only solution I've found is to remove playlists and SACD (ISO) files from auto-import rules.
These files are seen as "new" every time auto-import is run and changes you have made to any field in your library which exists in the playlist/sacd files will be overwritten with those contained in the file.
Media Center should have been creating library backups automatically so you will hopefully be able to restore an older version to undo this change.

PhDSM

• World Citizen
Re: Big trouble with entry associated with cue files
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 01:04:08 pm »

In fact   neither playlist or ISO  were selected in my options.
And the problem occurs on APE or MPE or any  kind odd "cue"linked files.
Yes I've been able to recover from the backup  but  playing or moving cue-linked files remains a problem.

For example, if I play a file issued for example the 3 items of a cue on a DLNA device, it keeps playing silence beyond normal length up to the total of original file.
Pages: [1]   Go Up