INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote Audio Quality setting does NOT impact bandwidth.  (Read 1485 times)

Couch

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Music. Sweet Music.
JRemote Audio Quality setting does NOT impact bandwidth.
« on: September 02, 2017, 04:10:42 pm »

Here's a funny: I decided to listen to Foreigner 4 - you know Jukebox Hero... while driving around.
After the first song I got an alert from Verizon that I only had 10% of my Data left (4GB) by the time I got to a stop light I got an alert that I had used ALL of my Data.

Later while not driving I took a look at settings and bit rates. I had forgot this album was ripped to FLAC 24Bit. A whopping ~2750 Kbps!!!
I have JRemote 'Audio Quality' set to 64Kbps. Clearly no impact there.

*FWIW I've since read up on just how frivolous 24 bit is. But that is outside the scope of this topic.

Couch

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Music. Sweet Music.
Re: JRemote Audio Quality setting does NOT impact bandwidth.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 04:25:22 pm »

I'm currently testing Panel (Isn't that just another step before jumping into Gizmo?) And I see the currently paying Track with a Stack ico(Never knew about 'Stacks') and see the Cached MP3 @128Kbps.

Good stuff - So is JRemote going to have this same feature or is it abandoned?

JRemote UX is far better than Panel>Gizmo.

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote Audio Quality setting does NOT impact bandwidth.
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 05:18:27 am »

[...]

*FWIW I've since read up on just how frivolous 24 bit is. But that is outside the scope of this topic.
I'm not sure what you mean "frivolous" but my own listening with respect to HD audio has taught me that only some recordings are worthy of 24bit, Alison Krause for example, Neil Young not so much (even though he's a fav)...

Cheers :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
Pages: [1]   Go Up