INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [CRASH]MC Crashing when connected to remote (over the internet) server  (Read 1058 times)

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I have created a button on my remote that will connect to a remote server so that my wife can choose shows from the guide to record.  It has a 10 minute timeout, at which time it will revert back to the local server.  In both cases, it is just a client.  In all cases, it is being initiated from Theater view.

I am having a problem with the client crashing.  Sometimes it works for a while, but will crash after a few minutes.  Sometimes it crashes right away. 

I will try to get a log to attach.  Oh, forgot to add.  I am still currently on build 110 of MC22.  Both server and client match.  I have a license for MC23, but haven't upgraded yet, and don't plan to for a while at least, unless this is a know issue that has been fixed.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: [CRASH]MC Crashing when connected to remote (over the internet) server
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 08:34:00 pm »

I simplified the way I was doing this, and just killed (using the MCC command) Media Center, and re-opened specifying the right library, depending on what I was planning.  I wanted to do a 10 minute time out, to auto revert back to the local LAN server, but that's not a huge deal.

It would still be nice to know why it was crashing the other way.  It also wasn't loading the entire library, for instance, most descriptions were not included in the guide, and I didn't see season and episode info on anything, even though it was included in the library. 

At least the way I am doing it now, it seems to work well and stable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up