INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: original air date?  (Read 1363 times)

bigmuscles

• Junior Woodchuck
original air date?
« on: September 04, 2017, 05:34:57 am »

Hi all , just wondering if jriver can record tv with a file format that includes the original air date (not the date it was recorded) IE: CSI_20140423 (AIRDATE YYYYMMDD),  via the add tags menu . My epg data is Schedules Direct and has original aire date in xmltv as with season , series, episode title etc.

many thanks

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: original air date?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 06:58:36 am »

Original Air Date is supposed to populate the [Date] tag in MC automatically, at least for TV recordings where the EPG includes the correct metadata. Reference Yaobing: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,103816.msg721553.html#msg721553

Certainly, it does that for me. . . although now I check, my EPG data doesn't seem to be getting the Original Air Date anymore. I'm going to have to go back and look at the source. It may be that the "Get Movie & TV Info..." function is getting the [Date] for me.

If you are actually sourcing episodes elsewhere, in files with a structured name such as your example, then CARNAC is the function that interprets the file name and tries to work out what it is. CARNAC only reads the file name and doesn't use information in the EPG data. Usually that does not result in the Original Air Date value being saved into the [Date] tag, but if the filename has the [Series] name, [Season], and [Episode] number in it, CARNAC will fill those tags, and the "Get Movie & TV Info..." function will get the [Date] for you.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up