INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Pass Through JRiver Zones  (Read 1379 times)

carlgarton

• Recent member
Audio Pass Through JRiver Zones
« on: September 05, 2017, 02:54:30 pm »

Hi all

I have a central server running JRiver with 2x 7.1 soundcards, split into a total of 6 zones. JRiver is a fantastic piece of software but am lost to solve the question my daugher has asked me.

Can I play audio from a laptop through JRiver and zoned. IE, playing youtube > sound pass through into her bedroom.

Any help would be appreciated, hours trying to find the answer, obviously couldn't.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio Pass Through JRiver Zones
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 03:28:58 pm »

yes you should be able to do that by directing the WDM input to the relevant zone, see https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WDM_Driver for details on how that input is named so can be targeted by a zoneswitch rule

I suspect this isn't exactly a user friendly solution though unless the only use you have for the WDM driver is this particular case

there might be other solutions though if this doesn't work or fit for some reason, depends on exactly what you're doing though.... a laptop that is connected to a remote server but that serves sound to another zone sounds more like a dlna sort of thing to do to me hence might not need wdm at all, just use that target zone as a dlna renderer (which I assume will work, never tried it myself)

carlgarton

• Recent member
Re: Audio Pass Through JRiver Zones
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 10:46:31 am »

Havent tried, but just checked then link and now all it makes sense. Thanks, didnt realise you could do that.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up