INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote / Onkyo DP-X1 / Chord Mojo - no audio over USB OTG  (Read 2333 times)

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
JRemote / Onkyo DP-X1 / Chord Mojo - no audio over USB OTG
« on: September 06, 2017, 06:45:08 am »

Searching the forums now for info, but figured I'd post also.

Just added a Chord Mojo to my Onkyo DP-X1.  The native app plays audio over USB OTG to the Mojo just fine, but JRemote is silent.  I'm suspecting this is a restriction on the Onkyo, but am wondering whether anybody else has JRemote sending over USB to an offboard DAC from an android DAP? 

Had a look at the app settings for JRemote and there's nothing in there about setting USB as the audio output...

If it's a limitation of the Onkyo, any recommendations for high quality DAPs that support JRemote over USB output?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRemote / Onkyo DP-X1 / Chord Mojo - no audio over USB OTG
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 06:51:31 am »

JRemote can't use USB on an Android device to output to a DAC.  Bluetooth would probably work if it's available.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 07:29:59 am »

Thanks, Jim, for clarifying.

abozo

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 12:59:10 am »

JRemote can't use USB on an Android device to output to a DAC.

Oh dear. I just bought a Mojo specifically for this use. It didn't work so I found this thread. Embarrassing order of events.

JRemote works so well in comparison to USB Audio Player Pro, which admittedly makes an attempt to do what I need.

TBH, I might actually shelve the new Mojo and stick to plugging my HD800 into the headphone jack on my Android phone. SQ is nowhere near as good but operation is seamless with JRemote.

Any plans to add OTG DAC to JRemote?
Pages: [1]   Go Up