INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD Rip Speed Selection Not Being Recognized  (Read 1384 times)

Groovyguy

CD Rip Speed Selection Not Being Recognized
« on: September 06, 2017, 02:34:13 pm »

I'm running JR 23.0.36 on an Asus ultrabook with Windows 10 using an external Asus CD/BR drive.

I've set the CD Rip speed in Tools => Options => CD, DVD, BD to copy mode = normal and read speed = 1X but when ripping CD's to FLAC format the drive is still being read at at least 2X.  I've tried repeatidly to reset this including closing and re-opening JR and even rebooting my laptop.   What am I missing as I want to rip at 1X read?  TIA  ;D

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: CD Rip Speed Selection Not Being Recognized
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 03:28:01 pm »

Why are you trying to make it rip slowly?  The ripping engine will slow down or retry for damaged data areas (dirty, scratched, etc).

You haven't read some BS that says ripping at 1x makes a more accurate rip have you?

Brian.

Blueshound24

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 04:06:15 pm »

Why are you trying to make it rip slowly?  The ripping engine will slow down or retry for damaged data areas (dirty, scratched, etc).

You haven't read some BS that says ripping at 1x makes a more accurate rip have you?

Brian.

I have been ripping with Max speed. Or would you recommend 2X,4X or 8X?
Thanks.
Desk Top:
JRiver 25 > Industrial Intona Hi Speed Isolator > UpTone Audio USB Regen > PS Audio Perfect Wave II 2.4.3 > Parasound Halo > KEF LS50 + HSU STF-1 sub x 2
~ or ~ Questyle CMA600i/Icon Audio HP8 MKII/Lyr >  HD800s/Elear/AHD7000/LCD2.2f/HD650/HD700/u18t/Roxanne

Dedicated Room:
Sony SACD 777ES > First Sound Presence Deluxe Mk II > Plinius SA100 MkIII > Von Schweikert Audio VR5

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 04:11:39 pm »

Any modern high quality ripping program, like JRiver MC, will figure out what to do with the speed.  Just set it to max and MC will do the rest.  Unless the JRiver staff say differently?

I'm rather certain that all of the other top ripping programs can adjust speed if necessary, so MC must do this too, as it's a "modern high quality ripping program".

Brian.

Blueshound24

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 04:43:13 pm »

Any modern high quality ripping program, like JRiver MC, will figure out what to do with the speed.  Just set it to max and MC will do the rest.  Unless the JRiver staff say differently?

I'm rather certain that all of the other top ripping programs can adjust speed if necessary, so MC must do this too, as it's a "modern high quality ripping program".

Brian.

Thanks, sound reasonable.
Desk Top:
JRiver 25 > Industrial Intona Hi Speed Isolator > UpTone Audio USB Regen > PS Audio Perfect Wave II 2.4.3 > Parasound Halo > KEF LS50 + HSU STF-1 sub x 2
~ or ~ Questyle CMA600i/Icon Audio HP8 MKII/Lyr >  HD800s/Elear/AHD7000/LCD2.2f/HD650/HD700/u18t/Roxanne

Dedicated Room:
Sony SACD 777ES > First Sound Presence Deluxe Mk II > Plinius SA100 MkIII > Von Schweikert Audio VR5
Pages: [1]   Go Up