INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Create a view with thumbnails for each track?  (Read 1074 times)

jaxtherogue

• World Citizen
Create a view with thumbnails for each track?
« on: September 07, 2017, 09:12:50 am »

I'd like to build a view that would let me show a thumbnail for each track in an album or playlist. Using a panes style interface would be ideal, but it would also be ok if I had to configure the view to a specific album/playlist using the Set Rules for File display. Any thoughts?

As for the why...When I make playlists, especially if I intend to share it with someone, I will create a new album from that playlist. I create a copy of each track/file, move the original album title to another field, replace the original album name of each track with the playlist name, set the track number for each song appropriately, etc. I like to retain the original album art for each track and in some cases (if the song came from a greatest hits collections) replace the album art with art from the album the song was originally released on. A nice grid view of the album art for each track in such a collection would really ease my toying with the album art.

Any help would be appreciated!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Create a view with thumbnails for each track?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 10:24:35 am »

In any playlist, you can go to the menu up top, with the playlist name, and click on it to set List Style > Thumbnails .  Now your Playlist will show up as thumbnails for each track with the name of the track in the thumbnail text.

In any view where you are looking at a track list with details, there is a column you can turn on called Image (small thumbnail) .  It's quite small, but you can use it to casually see that two thumbnails are different, and possibly identify the actual album art based on color and general shapes.

Finally, you can apply either or both of these to a Panes view that has one Pane set to Playlists.  Click on the Playlist name you want and you'll see it's contents down below in the files list.

Brian.

jaxtherogue

• World Citizen
Re: Create a view with thumbnails for each track?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 10:57:49 am »

Thanks! I feel kind of dumb for not figuring that out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up