INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shell Integration Broken?  (Read 2691 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Shell Integration Broken?
« on: September 07, 2017, 05:28:34 pm »

Is shell integration broken with .48? It was working before the update and now doesn't do anything. I've tried turning it off (to remove it) and back on (to add it back), but when I try to use it nothing happens.

Checking to see if this is an MC issue before I spend any more time trying to troubleshoot.

Thanks.

bv1pacb

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Shell Integration Broken?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 05:46:04 pm »

I'm having the same problem, specifically with the manual import feature; now I'm having to drag new items in.  I reinstalled an earlier version where it had worked but still no go.  Thinking perhaps it's due to a Windows 10 update. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 06:24:43 pm »

Try rebooting after you make sure it's on.

mp3deej

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 05:50:20 am »

I'm having the same issue and rebooting doesn't work.   It was working initially then just stopped.  I tried disabling and re-enabling and it did  nothing. 

Also if JRiver isn't set as the default player on several media types, it will not play them at all. Just sits there and does nothing but if I disable shell integration it will play one media type but will not play another one if I double click on anything.  It will if I set mediacenter as the default player. This happened after the last update.

mp3deej

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 06:00:11 am »

I'm having an issue with the Shell Integration and rebooting didn't fix it.  This happened just after the update.   Also if the player isn't set as the default, it will play one song and I have to turn the player off and turn it back on in order for it to play anything.   

Here are my steps so far:

Initially after the update, it kept freezing, so I uninstalled it totally, reboot, then installed the original version from July, Restarted again, then it updated automatically,  Updated again, then it worked find. 

When I initially enabled shell integration, it worked good, then all of a sudden, it stopped working, and I could only play one song at a time, I had to close mediacenter and open it again before I could play anything.  I could drag several songs manually into the play list and it would work fine. 

I turned off shell integration and then set mediacenter as the default player then it worked fine. The shell integration is off at the moment and no matter what I do, it will not work again.

HELP PLEASE...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 06:17:55 am »

We're looking at it now.

bv1pacb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 04:41:52 pm »

It's working again for me with 23.0.59.

oie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 05:02:18 pm »

Hi,
Still not working here with .59 on one computer. The other computer  hasn't been affected. Both running win10 with same windows update settings.
Regards,
O

UncleMilt

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 02:29:35 pm »

I have experienced same issue, but 23.0.59 resolved issue on my machine
Pages: [1]   Go Up