INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Network transfer of media files  (Read 1483 times)

MikeyFresh

• World Citizen
Network transfer of media files
« on: September 07, 2017, 10:42:45 pm »

I use an Id Pi as a DLNA Server, the music files are stored on a connected USB drive.

I'd like to be able to add new media files to the server right over my network, and I can see the Id Pi Server on my Mac, however the HDD found under "External Storage" has a red slash through that folder icon and it isn't accessible when trying to connect as a guest.

If I try to connect as a registered user, I am prompted for a password. I never set up any password for the Id Pi, and all attempts to connect fail without the demand for a password that doesn't to my knowledge even exist.

How do I access the External Storage folder so that I can copy files to it over my network?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Network transfer of media files
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 06:41:59 am »

I've written about this somewhere here, but you can set up the Id as a Handheld device, then browse to it.  After it's set up, you can sync to the Id.

RobertNewPi

• Recent member
Re: Network transfer of media files
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 01:42:29 pm »

I use a FileBrowser app (from stratosphere) on an iPad to move new music files on to the IdPi. The Pi's music files are on an external USB drive connected to the Pi and from memory there wasn't anything complicated about getting FileBrowser to see it.
It is handy in conjunction with DropBox as it allows me to move music between my work PC and the Pi at home very easily.
Pages: [1]   Go Up