INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Today at JRiver  (Read 2114 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Today at JRiver
« on: September 06, 2017, 06:33:32 pm »

We had some fun today.  We fired up Media Network on everyone's machines and then shared access.  Everyone could connect in any way they wished. 

Both Hendrik and Yaobing, who work in Hamburg and Chicago, opened their machines to access. 

Most things just worked.  That was good.

We had a few problems with video playback to JRemote on iOS and to Panel.  We think it's a conversion problem, but we're still checking.

We found a few rough spots that we can fix.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Today at JRiver
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 06:42:21 pm »

This may have been fun, but it is also good. Well done. Polish those rough spots.

In a related issue, you once mentioned that you should add WOL requests in more spots to get that working better. If my HTPC Server is asleep and I start a Client via direct LAN IP connection, which should be a faster method, WOL messages are not issued. To wake the Server I need to use the Access Key method, which in turn needs access to the internet or takes a long time before it decides to use the last information it had, so the whole process is much slower. I don't think I should need to have access to the internet in order to wake a Server on my LAN.

That is a rough spot that I think could do with some polishing.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 07:03:37 pm »

I promoted Brad to Captain WOL yesterday.  I have his home phone if you need it.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 07:46:58 pm »

I promoted Brad to Captain WOL yesterday.  I have his home phone if you need it.

Just post it Jim... It will save time.. ;D :o
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 08:54:05 pm »

Poor Brad. But yes please. He can help delivering the next batch of Chickens from Australia.

Just post it Jim... It will save time.. ;D :o

Where is the :evil: emoticon when you need it?  ;D ;D ;D
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

flac.rules

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 06:23:42 am »

We had some fun today.  We fired up Media Network on everyone's machines and then shared access.  Everyone could connect in any way they wished. 

Both Hendrik and Yaobing, who work in Hamburg and Chicago, opened their machines to access. 

Most things just worked.  That was good.

We had a few problems with video playback to JRemote on iOS and to Panel.  We think it's a conversion problem, but we're still checking.

We found a few rough spots that we can fix.

Sounds very good, I am looking forward to the results :)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 07:39:43 pm »

There's also that long-standing client smartlist bug when using playlist ID rules.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89402.0

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89307.0

I actually have trained myself not to edit playlists on clients at this point so it doesn't really affect me as much anymore, but if we're on this topic again...
Pages: [1]   Go Up