INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shell Extensions dead (23.0.48)  (Read 1893 times)

Mike48

• World Citizen
Shell Extensions dead (23.0.48)
« on: September 11, 2017, 11:07:25 pm »

I'm using version 23.0.48 under Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit. I have been using JRiver for years, and the shell extensions have always worked. After this update, they stopped working.

I have unchecked and rechecked the Options box for them. I have rebooted the PC. I've made sure all parts of MC were closed and reinstalled the program. The shell extensions still don't work.

How to fix this?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Shell Extensions dead (23.0.48)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 08:06:38 am »

A few people have reported this now. If turning the setting on and rebooting doesn't fix it, then perhaps try the solution in reply 4 here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,110379.msg772486.html#msg772486

I haven't had to do this, so haven't tested or checked that software.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Mike48

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 10:08:48 am »

A few people have reported this now. If turning the setting on and rebooting doesn't fix it, then perhaps try the solution in reply 4 here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,110379.msg772486.html#msg772486

Thanks for the reply.  I've tried the procedure from message 772486, and it did not restore the missing functions.

My experience is different from the one in that post in that all other shell extensions I've tried are working fine -- it's only the JRiver ones that are dead as a doornail.  I do remember that one reason I never upgraded to Windows 10 is that none of my other shell extensions would work when JRiver was installed. I don't know if that's relevant here -- maybe just evidence that there's something nonstandard or quirkly about the code in the JRiver shell extensions?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 06:21:16 pm »

Sorry I can't help more. The problem is only being reported by a few people. My Shell Extensions are working fine. I'm on a slightly later version but there has been no fix for this issue since MC23.0.48.

I guess drop back to an earlier version that works, and wait for a later version to be released to try.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

bv1pacb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 07:44:56 pm »

I'm one of those few people, and I did drop back to an earlier version that worked, but it no longer does.  Just a tad frustrated.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 08:16:52 pm »

Understandable. If an earlier version worked after .48 stopped working, that would imply a Windows update has been applied to your system, and broke it, at a guess. As you are on Windows 7 that should be less of an issue, but still a possibility. You could try removing any recent updates that may have caused the problem.

Otherwise, it is Google all the way to try and find similar issues and possibly a fix. That is why I thought Aimhere's solution may have been a winner though.

Mike48

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 09:34:15 pm »

I've done quite a bit of Googling, with no success at solving this. Other applications' shell extensions work fine.

Can the JRiver developers provide any insight -- or even better, a fix?

Mike48

• World Citizen
Re: Shell Extensions live again! (23.0.59)
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 09:40:25 pm »

The new release fixed it.  I see the developers identified the problem in the release notes.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up