INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDHomerun Connect with MC23  (Read 2211 times)

astropuppy

• Junior Woodchuck
HDHomerun Connect with MC23
« on: September 13, 2017, 01:47:05 pm »

I have used JRiver dvr function on mc19 in the past. I switched to using Plex as a dvr mainly because JRiver was marking all recorded TV show seasons as the year originally broadcast. I have a valid MC23 license. Before I configure the dvr, I am wondering if this season issue is still the case? I have never been sure if this was a JRiver issue or a epg issue. If its a epg issue, can someone recommend a good epg source?
I am less then thrilled with Plex's dvr.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: HDHomerun Connect with MC23
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 05:01:09 pm »

The issue will be with the EPG is my bet.

Where in the world are you?

Check the guidance for EPGs as part of TV Setup for <insert your country> at the top of the TV board.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

astropuppy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 05:12:01 pm »

Idaho USA

Guess I'll give it a whirl.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 03:47:54 am »

You're in luck with Countrybumkin providing a detailed rundown of EPG setup in the USA guide. Plus, if you get stuck Yaobing is living in just the place to help you out.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 03:44:52 pm »

As astromo stated, this is an EPG issue.  MC uses season number if it is found in the EPG data. 

The default EPG mode, mc2xml, does not seem to provide season number.  PercData does not include season number either.  Other XMLTV options may do it.  Do a search on this board you should find useful info.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up