INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crop Black Bars by Default?  (Read 2112 times)

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
  • I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
Crop Black Bars by Default?
« on: September 16, 2017, 01:15:00 am »

Is there a way to enable an option that will allow black bars to be cropped by default to a 16:9, ideally 16:10, ratio?  Currently, I have to do it one video file at a time and that can get very tedious and annoying.  Below is a screenshot of what I'm asking.

Thanks!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Crop Black Bars by Default?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 02:15:58 am »

I assume you mean hard coded black bars, because you already have "Fit Window" selected, which would give the best video result for 16:9 format video that doesn't have black bars hard coded into the video. Assuming that you want to retain the Aspect Ratio of the video.

If so, and you are using Red October HQ, then you could try turning on the setting to automatically detect black bars in madVR. See image. The setting is under "Processing > Zoom Control > Automatically detect hard coded black bars", and the settings below that.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up