INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting Green screen with Red October HQ  (Read 2237 times)

Audioseduction

• World Citizen
  • World Class Referance Playback!
Getting Green screen with Red October HQ
« on: September 17, 2017, 06:33:47 pm »

Set to Red October HQ, Blu Ray files work just fine. DVD files turns green but if the mouse cursor is showing up it plays DVD fine. Strange! If I set to RQ standard DVD files play just fine.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Getting Green screen with Red October HQ
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 08:01:15 pm »

I had something similar the other day, when I was playing around with setting 4K resolution. I could still see the video but the size and colour were all wrong, with a green cast over it.

I'm not sure exactly what fixed it. Could have been just a reboot, or it could have continued until I switched back to 1920x1080 Desktop Resolution.

Definitely a problem caused by MC and Display Driver resolution, plus changing settings in madVR.

Note I also upgraded the nVidia driver for my GTX 1060 around the same time. That may have helped fix the issue, but wasn't the cause.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Audioseduction

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 09:10:29 pm »

I had something similar the other day, when I was playing around with setting 4K resolution. I could still see the video but the size and colour were all wrong, with a green cast over it.

I'm not sure exactly what fixed it. Could have been just a reboot, or it could have continued until I switched back to 1920x1080 Desktop Resolution.

Definitely a problem caused by MC and Display Driver resolution, plus changing settings in madVR.

Note I also upgraded the nVidia driver for my GTX 1060 around the same time. That may have helped fix the issue, but wasn't the cause.

Thanks for your response. I am running the GTX 1070 myself. My JRMark is 4798. I have plenty of horsepower. I guess the fix is just switch to RO Standard for DVD playback. I don't want to reduce my resolution to less then 4K. That would be going backwards.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 10:10:07 pm »

I also had similar issues with madVR, 4K, and Greenish tinge, but it was down to changing the Windows Display Settings (Scale and Layout %).  It fixes itself with a reboot (seems you have to reboot if you change the % used).
JRiver CEO Elect

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 08:07:59 pm »

Audioseduction. did you fix this problem?

Have a read of this post, and the thread: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,101387.msg728129.html#msg728129

You could have a Monitor Profile which uses the wrong Gamma for film or something like that, or just the wrong default Gamma. Worth trying a few changes.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Audioseduction

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 06:10:59 pm »

Not to get the ugly green screen I can't set the (Scale and Layout %) higher then 200%. Same issue with another PC too. I guess it a limitation with JRiver. I am running my screen resolution at 3840 X 2160. My JRMark (version 23.0.66 x64): 4947

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 06:52:09 pm »

So we both saw the issue when doing the same thing; running the Desktop at 4K resolution.

Since Blu-rays work, and DVDs do not, and we are both using ROHQ, then I suspect the upscaling in madVR is having a problem. Maybe this is an issue for Madshi?
Pages: [1]   Go Up