INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't get JRemote to work on my home network via wifi  (Read 3171 times)

MSchott

• Recent member
Can't get JRemote to work on my home network via wifi
« on: September 18, 2017, 03:27:09 pm »

I am using this to operate JRiver 21 on a laptop networked to the Media Server hosted on my desktop which is in my basement office. The laptop will play the FLAC/APE files if I use JRiver directly from it but when I try from my iPhone 6S running iOS10.3.3 I get the following message on my phone: "Audio Streaming Error There was a problem playing the current audio file.

This happens on every single file

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can't get JRemote to work on my home network via wifi
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 10:34:20 pm »

Is JRemote connecting to the server in the basement, or the laptop?

The error message suggests to me that you have JRemote set to play to 'this device'? See below to check/correct that. (Though, this should still work, but this early on, I'm not sure why it's not, yet)

Open JRemote on the iPhone, get at the screen that lets you choose between audio, video image etc. (it normally opens at that screen), then look in the bottom left corner of the screen... what does it say there? If it says "This device", tap there to change that.

-marko

MSchott

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 06:45:08 am »

JRemote is connecting to the laptop not the desktop. But I did change from "This Device" to the laptop and it solved my issue. Thanks so much Marko!

MSchott

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 06:41:11 pm »

Hi. Still having issues. I now have JRemote on my iPhone 6S controlling the remote laptop with the correct Access key. It's an older laptop running Windows 7 Professional. I don't know if that is an issue or not. The problem I'm having is when go to play a file (APE) it shows it Opening on the laptop but never starts playing. When I control it from JRiver directly on the laptop it works although sometimes I have to hit stop then play a few times to get it to work. Any suggestions? Its pretty frustrating as I really want this to run properly.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 07:06:37 pm »

Firewall?

MSchott

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 07:42:13 pm »

Firewall?

It's worked in the past and the file shows up on the laptop screen. It just won't open. I'll have to check but I'm pretty sure the firewall is disabled. This laptop is dedicated to running JRiver and is directly connected to the hifi through a USB DAC.

MSchott

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 10:34:48 pm »

Anyone?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 07:03:16 am »

Have you read the wiki topic called Network Access?
Pages: [1]   Go Up