INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help in choosing the best Hardware Architecture  (Read 1600 times)

Facel

• World Citizen
Help in choosing the best Hardware Architecture
« on: September 21, 2017, 08:32:57 am »

I would like to know the benefits and desavantages of the following configurations

Case 1 : Media files and JRiver Library hosted on a NAS
 Case 2 : Media files and JRiver Library hosted on a dedicated Windows PC => (requiring the minimum of maintenance)
 Case 3 : Media files and JRiver Library hosted on a dedicated Linux PC
 Case 4 : Media files + DLNA MinimServer hosted on a NAS

The goal is to acces music from anywhere in the house by using
         => an existing fanless Windows PC + dac in the living room (or any other room)
         => a new "compact system" (like the Aries Mini for example) that would allow any guest to play his personal music
              as well as my music without the capacity to delete or modify any audio file.

I know that Case 4 is already done by JRiver DLNA functionnality, but I  have recently switched from case 1 to case 4
because Minimserver helps me to improve the initial Taggiong made with JRiver.

The use of a windows PC as renderer allows me to use Spotify with a seamless integration through Spotify Connect
(most of Linux Renderer do not have the official Spotify Connect integration but only Librespot which is not officially supported by Spotify)

The desavantages of a Windows PC are : Maintenance (Windows update +antivirus + etc ..) price and size (PC+Dac)

Tahnks for your inputs

Pages: [1]   Go Up