INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Id upsampling to DSD from a NAS  (Read 1191 times)

Trumpet Warrior

Id upsampling to DSD from a NAS
« on: September 24, 2017, 11:58:34 am »

First post here, so apologies if this has been discussed already.... couldn't find an answer when searching the forum.

I would like to use a NUC Id to act as a renderer in my system. My music is stored on a Netgear ReadyNas Duo NAS drive and the Id will be connected to my hifi by USB. I plan to control the system with the JRemote.

I have a few native DSD files, but would like to take advantage of the ability to output all my music to DSD. I have seen that this requires significant processing power - would a NUC Id be able to do this? If not, what level of NUC would be needed to achieve this (I could then source this and add MC to this).

A few threads have recommended converting to DSD at the server end, but I am pretty certain my NAS wouldn't be able to do this.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

TW

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Id upsampling to DSD from a NAS
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 04:44:20 pm »

I have a few native DSD files, but would like to take advantage of the ability to output all my music to DSD.

Why?  Are you expecting some Euphonic effect from cross converting PCM files to DSD on the fly?  I suppose that's a valid goal.  You certainly won't reveal anything that the PCM files can't let you hear already in terms of what's actually in the files.  But you may experience some pleasant effects even if they aren't "true".

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up