INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Id server now asking for password to connect  (Read 1168 times)

luvnrckts01

Id server now asking for password to connect
« on: September 24, 2017, 04:04:41 pm »

I must have changed the settings somehow on my Id, and now I cannot connect to it from my mac mini.  The MediaCenter on the Id is fine, and the Id's access password to connect my remote works as usual (I use the JRiver app on my iPhone - love it!!). 

But I download my HD Tracks FLAC files to my mac mini, and then drop the FLAC file folder into the Id external drive.  Always has worked in the past, but like I said I was messing around with seeing if I can control the Id from the mac mini (setting up the Id as a DNLA renderer).  Not sure what happened, but I couldn't get the mac to control the Id - and now the mac can only connect to the Id server as a Guest.  The pop up asks for a password to connect as a registered guest - but I've forgotten my password (was not aware that I had one, but I see now that I did).

What do I need to do in order to re-connect as a registered user on my Id? 

Also, how do I copy a file off a USB stick on the Id if I don't want to connect to the Id on my home network?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Id server now asking for password to connect
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 05:13:10 pm »

It's possible that you turned on authentication in the Media Network settings.  Turn it off if you want to.
Pages: [1]   Go Up