INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crintsoft Minilyrics on MC23  (Read 5228 times)

rdevries0953

Crintsoft Minilyrics on MC23
« on: September 26, 2017, 04:55:57 am »

Since my upgrade to MC 23 I cannot get Minilyrics to work . Uninstalled and reinstalled it , but when started Minilyrics does not recognize MC23 exe. It looks for Mediacenter 15 or 20 .exe in the installation path. OS is Windows 10 (64). MC ver. 23.0.62

audioriver

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Crintsoft Minilyrics on MC23
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 06:27:59 am »

If you are using the 64-bit version of Media Center it will not work. MiniLyrics works with the 32-bit version if you use the workaround here. Replace references to "Media Center 21.exe" with "Media Center 23.exe" of course.

It would be nice though if someone provided a solution for the 64-bit version, too. After releasing MiniLyrics for free (version 7.7.49, August 2015), Crintsoft seems half-dead. Still the best lyrics program I can find.
Windows 10 Pro x64

rdevries0953

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 02:45:36 pm »

Thank you for your reply. Your solution has not worked for me unfortunately. Minilyrics was my favorite lyrics program and I have invested a lot of time in creating and uploading almost 3000 lyrics , so other users can enjoy it as well. I therefore downgraded, sorry to say,  my MC license so I have Minilyrics plugin working again.

audioriver

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 03:26:39 pm »

It's a bit tricky to achieve but it works, I just applied it again. I've improved the instructions a bit:

This is only for the 32-bit version of Media Center.

Close Media Center
Uninstall MiniLyrics if it's already installed
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center xx.exe (Media Center 23.exe in this case)
Right-click and copy the file
Go to your desktop and paste - you should have the Media Center xx.exe file on your desktop
Right-click and rename it - change the xx to 20 (Media Center 20.exe)
Install Mini-lyrics 7.7.49 (current latest version) and enable "Support JRiver Media Center". Perhaps it has already detected the file in the Desktop. If it hasn't, browse for it and point it to your desktop folder
Press install.  You should see "MiniLyrics plug-ins were installed successfully". Press ok then close the next "Start MiniLyrics" window, only press the top-right X, nothing else in that window.
At this point, delete the Media Center 20.exe file from your desktop
You can now open Media Center
Start playing a song, and then open MiniLyrics from your Windows Start Menu
It should work fine. You can confirm its status in Media Center Options/Services/Manage interface Plug-ins
Windows 10 Pro x64

rdevries0953

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 02:02:10 pm »

Thank you for your reply . I think I have the 64 bit version of MC23 and therefore Minilyrics does not work. It works fine on MC22.

Lookin4Treble

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 07:11:55 pm »

Thanks @ audioriver, your workaround worked for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up