INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display existing file tags  (Read 2050 times)

nsxelent

• Recent member
Display existing file tags
« on: September 29, 2017, 11:18:24 pm »

Hi all,

Is there any way to display existing file tags that are not initially in JRiver?  For example, I would like to display the "Encoding Tool" tag that is added to files when I rip a CD in DB Poweramp.  I created a new library field called "Encoding Tool" hoping JRiver would then display the value of the field within the song tag but it displays an empty field. 

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Display existing file tags
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 11:41:28 pm »

Do you have the Tag Dump area set up in the Tag Action Window? If not, add it using the Customise function in the Tag Window. If you can't work out how, search the forum for hints. It looks like the image below. Any tags in the file should show in there, if MC hasn't already moved them to an existing tag. The tag you are looking for may have a different name if MC has moved it, or even in the Tag Dump area.

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 11:49:54 pm »

Also, if the name is correct, just creating it won't be enough to populate files already imported. You'll need to use "Library Tools > Update Library From Tags" on those files, and if the tag name and library field match up, MC will import the tag data into it's library.

nsxelent

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 02:59:13 pm »

Thanks RoderickGI and Marko!  I hadn't looked in the Tag Dump area so that tip was very helpful.  I was able to create a new library field and display the Accurate Rip Results (very cool) but still haven't had any luck displaying the "Encoding Tool".  Maybe the actual tag name within the file is different somehow from how it displays in the Windows properties window.  I've looked in the Tag Dump area and in every other tag field in JRiver and don't see the results anywhere else.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 05:11:56 pm »

My results in doing this have been a bit spotty as well. I haven't solved the problem of how to get stubborn tags into MC from files ripped long ago.

Maybe find a tool that doesn't format the tag names at all, if you can, and confirm the name.

Share if you find a solution. Others have asked before, and I don't think anyone has cracked that nut yet.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

nsxelent

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 10:48:16 pm »

In the MP3TAG Editor software, it looks like the DBPoweramp "Encoding Tool" field is actually called "_tool".  I just tried adding a new Library Field in JRiver with that name and still no luck.  I see it's the only field in JRiver with an "_" , I wonder it that's the issue??

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 02:06:41 am »

I don't have MP3TAG to check, but I think %_tool% is an internal memory variable which has a value of "dBpoweramp Release 13.4".

So the Value field refers to a variable that contains the real value, in that case. The tag name is still "Encoded By".

What options do you have in the "Field:" field there?

You need a MP3TAG expert to help you out with that. Maybe someone else will speak up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up