INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 64 bit // Audio Output Bit Depth ??  (Read 1374 times)

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
MC 64 bit // Audio Output Bit Depth ??
« on: September 30, 2017, 06:12:47 am »

I am playing about with MC 64 audio output formats.

In DSP Studio I have it set to play straight through without any effects. I am playing CD rips.

In MC 64 bit the DSP Studio dialog indicates Output Format "Enabled and processing 44.1khz 64bit 2ch".

By contrast I think in MC 32 bit it used to say "Enabled an processing 44.1khz 32bit 2ch" here ??

In Options, Audio, it is set to send WASAPI via HDMI to my receiver, with bit depth "Automatic for best sound quality". Does this mean that MC 64 is now outputting 64 bit HDMI to my receiver, whereas MC 32 was outputting 32 bit HDMI ?
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: MC 64 bit // Audio Output Bit Depth ??
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 06:26:35 am »

The line you cite shows the input format to the DSP engine, which at that point should always be 64-bit floating point, in all MC versions.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

blgentry

Re: MC 64 bit // Audio Output Bit Depth ??
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 06:45:19 am »

To see what's actually being sent as output go to Player > Audio Path .  Look at the bottom where it says "Output".  That's what's being sent to the DAC/Receiver/Processor .  You can also find this same information by hovering your mouse over the "sound icon" that's right next to the shuffle icon, at the upper right area of MC, very close to the search box.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up