INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Client set up MC23 Windows 10  (Read 1820 times)

eljr

• World Citizen
Client set up MC23 Windows 10
« on: October 01, 2017, 05:17:19 am »

I know this is easy to setup having done it in the past but for the life of me I can't find it now.

I have the client all set up,no issues. What I can't seem to find is how to make changes on the client that stick on the server.

Examples, I apply cover art on the client but it does not stick on the server. Or I change a tag,like date on client and it does not stick on server.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Client set up MC23 Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 05:48:42 am »

You must have authentication set on the server under Media Network settings.

eljr

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 05:58:11 am »

You must have authentication set on the server under Media Network settings.

Got it, thanks

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 08:11:51 am »

...I apply cover art on the client but it does not stick on the server...

This is not going to work. Cover art MUST be set on the Server. You will be going in circles for days trying to set it on a Client. Tags - yes, cover art no.
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 08:59:33 am »

A little history may help. This feature was not designed to be a full client/server setup. It was introduced about the time cheap laptops and netbooks became available to be a way to play music from a remote system. It was originally called Tremote or Terminal Remote. It was a fancy remote control system, not a true client/server system. The ability to change tags from the client was added, but other changes like changing views or system settings or ripping are not supported from the client. The software lets you make changes on the client, but they are not sent to the server, which is frustrating until you are aware of the limitations. You think you made the changes, but they do not happen on the server.  Over time it has become known as client/server rather than TRemote, but you need to understand its limitations as a true client/server setup.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 09:20:56 am »

A little history may help. This feature was not designed to be a full client/server setup. It was introduced about the time cheap laptops and netbooks became available to be a way to play music from a remote system. It was originally called Tremote or Terminal Remote. It was a fancy remote control system, not a true client/server system. The ability to change tags from the client was added, but other changes like changing views or system settings or ripping are not supported from the client. The software lets you make changes on the client, but they are not sent to the server, which is frustrating until you are aware of the limitations. You think you made the changes, but they do not happen on the server.  Over time it has become known as client/server rather than TRemote, but you need to understand its limitations as a true client/server setup.
Tremote is remote control of MC, using another copy of MC.  It originally stood for NetRemote, but that name was taken.

Client/Server is different, though they overlap.  A client connects to Media Center or Media Server via Library Server and can play locally or on the server.

DLNA is another form of client/server use.

For more information, please see the several wiki topics.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 10:43:59 am »

In the beginning ...

Here's a three minute demonstration video of how the remote works:

http://pix01.com/ub@ciM3

Great idea and it has come a long way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up