INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Force MC23 to keep only 1 of each album track.  (Read 1310 times)

bugeyed

• Junior Woodchuck
Force MC23 to keep only 1 of each album track.
« on: October 01, 2017, 07:12:06 pm »

I can't figure out how to keep MC23 from adding duplicate album tracks. It appears that, if the same track exists elsewhere in the library, MC23 adds the duplicates to the album I select. Roger Waters Amused to death is my worst problem. 2 of the tracks on that album also appear in a compilation album in the lib. There were several album tracks in a different format in another folder that were added to the album. I also have a problem with MC23 pulling tracks from a different folder that had individual songs for demoing. MC23 seems to group any file it finds with the same info into the album. This can't be the way it is supposed to work!
Kev

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Force MC23 to keep only 1 of each album track.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 07:25:33 pm »

could you clarify?  is this in a view that you see them duplicated?

the files are likely not tagged correctly - check the values of [album artist] and [album]

bugeyed

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 07:36:16 pm »

could you clarify?  is this in a view that you see them duplicated?

the files are likely not tagged correctly - check the values of [album artist] and [album]
In either Artist or Album view, there are tracks that are duplicated. I did a  locate on the duplicate tracks &  found most in another folder of demo tracks. The only files in the folder for the album in question are the right ones. When I view the album in MC23, it shows the duplicates from other folders in the library. Is it not possible to force MC23 to view & play just the files in an album folder?
Kev 

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 07:57:45 pm »

of course it is, but your tags are incorrect

the folder has nothing to do with anything.  you must ensure that the [album artist] and [album] tags are correct.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 08:10:10 pm »

also don't assume they are identical tracks....one may be a live version, extended version and so on....
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up