INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WDM and ASIO drivers  (Read 2153 times)

Mike48

• World Citizen
WDM and ASIO drivers
« on: October 01, 2017, 10:04:56 pm »

I am running 23.0.62 (32-bit) on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

I have the WDM driver turned on, but it does not appear in the Windows sound control panel, even after reinstalling MC and rebooting the computer.

A search for "ASIO" in the MC options dialog does not find any way to turn the ASIO driver on. Is it discontinued?

Help please!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: WDM and ASIO drivers
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 10:11:16 pm »

It is now called "JRiver Media Center 23" under Windows Playback devices. Not there?

Turn off the WDM Driver in MC, save that, restart MC, turn on the WDM Driver, save, restart MC if necessary. I think MC tells you when it needs a restart when doing this. Also needs Administrator privileges.

Do you have a functioning ASIO driver installed for your Output Device?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Mike48

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 10:32:17 pm »

Thanks, @RoderickGI !  Turning the feature off and then on again made the (virtual) WDM device appear in Windows.

I do have a functioning ASIO driver installed. I was asking about the JRiver ASIO driver, which operated similarly to the WDM driver we just got working. Has the WDM driver replaced it? It doesn't seem to be part of MC anymore (or it's cleverly hidden).

stewart_pk

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 10:41:57 pm »

The WDM Driver did not replace anything. Asion Driver is an option in Tools ---> Options ---> General ---> Features.

Mike48

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 10:52:15 pm »

Yes, of course it is. My earlier search must have contained a typo.

Thanks!

Pages: [1]   Go Up